Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So this past November I was riding my ZX12 near my house, going through an intersection at around 30 MPH, when a Honda CRV crossed the double solid yellow trying to make a sharp left to avoid slow traffic, and hit me head on. I flew over the handlebars, over his hood, did two flips in the air and slid a good 10 feet. I was amazed to get right up with no pain except for my left ring finger was burning real good, as it was nearly severed. Hours later I realized I pulled a ligment in my heel and bruised my tibia. I had full Icon gear on so no other real damage other than bruises all over. The 12 was totaled, although it didnt look too bad. Part of my insurance money came in, and although I wanted to run out and get a new 14R I have other priorities. I did however find an 08 ZX14 with a Two Bros full system + PCIII for $6K on craigslist. The bike has 1700 miles on the ODO so I consider it nearly brand new. Its in mint condition. I had to jump on this deal, and got it home last weekend. Today I pulled the secondary butterflies out and took it for a short 5 mile ride in 30 degree weather. Wow its smooth. It feels like Im sitting a little lower in the saddle than the 12. The motor and trans feels smoother than the 12. I love the hydraulic clutch and the brakes are way better. Low end grunt is well improved (12 dynoed at 96 ft lbs) but I cant really test it since I cant get out of 2nd gear on these local roads. Its still hard to work the clutch with my finger not healed. I did notice that I get some pretty loud pops on deceleration, louder and more often than the 12. Anyways Im really stoked to finally have a 14 and got a great deal on it. Here are some before and afters...

Before

After

Before

After

New 14

:mfclap:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Awesome! Reflash the ecu and you will be amazed at the torque; or, the best solution, remove the secondary plates. PM me for any 14 questions. You are going to love this bike!

And....glad you made it through that ordeal with a minimum of pain!!! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, here is something I noticed. Going from Neutral to first gives a good clunk unless I hold the lever in for 10-15 seconds, then it will click right in. However, I had it in neutral today before my ride, and I didnt wait and just put it right into first, but since Im used to my 12's shifter/clutch I gently tapped into first and there was a slight grind. I immediately let off and retried, and got the clunk. I then went back into neutral, waited 15 seconds and it clicked into first without a clunk at all. It seems I have to give it a little harder push into first, more than Im used to. Is this just a pussy foot? Have you experience this? It only did it once, and after that, Im giving it a harder push from nuetral to first and there hasnt been any grind.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sometimes you`ll think it drops the trans thru the lower case.....FUCK YOU KAWASAKI.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just keep thinking about you typing these messages and goin "fuck!... shit!... damn!" every time you press down with that finger... :lol:

You'll definitely love the 14. I've been on a stock '09 and it's a blast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts