Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing Tim (TreMor) posting here.
If any of you remember seeing him around here or know him please read.

I saw this post on Bikeland...

muzbgreen said:
Novice Class
posted October 14, 2002 11:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here ya go did a cut and paste from the other board

Hammers Route 13OCT Report

Well the day started well, met at Starbucks across from our norm place (Hammer Lets officially change that to the meetin spot from now on). High Diver, and CBRMark Joined us (Thanks Guys for commin down).

Left out to begin the route, was a little fog and mist so weez was just motorin along, come out of our fav hoopty doo's and we seez the big Pestie sittin there filmins us (Thanks John). Continue on the route and it clears up and then warms up pretty fast.

Make out first gas and grub stop at Santa Ysabel. The after a short rest we goes to hit Banner Grade. And oh my there is Pestie again filimin us

Drop down to the valley floor and begin the trek out to Borrego Springs. Nice long straight to strech the bikes legs

Roll into Borrego and hang out and re-vitalize at the gas station/mini mart.

It has been an excellent ride so far. We are all just relaxing and cruising cuz we know the PoPo is suppose to be out, but we havent seen any yet.

So we leave out of BS and head up Montazuma Valley Rd. get through the first set of sweepers and just getting to the first tight section. TReMor (Tim) is leading and Hammer is followins to give him the critque on his lines. TReMor (Tim) enters the first corner (Blind Double Apex) and Hammer is not far behind. As Hammer enters the corner, all he seez is bike parts and two bodies flying by. His mind goes into the NASCAR mode and he doesn't do any target fixation, leans it in a little more and pops out the other side.

As the rest of the group gets through and we all get stopped, we see that TReMor is on the ground but conscious. Other rider is back down the hill face down and unconscious.

We all tend to the two riders, get on the cells to 911 and get help to the scene.

I do not want any speculation injected into what may have happened. We will wait for the accident investigation to be completed so that only the facts are spoken about later down the line.

We get Tim and the other guy (Yoshi) loaded into the ambulance and off to the airport we head so they can be airlifted to the Trauma center.

TReMor (Tim) is doing good, Broken left Humorous, Right Dislocated Shoulder, Broken right Ulna, and a small suit rash on top of his left shoulder from the nylon mesh liner. He had surgery last night to pin and cast his wrist. They can not cast is arm, but it was a clean break and they will just strap it down to his body in a sling.

Yoshi the other rider, suffered major head trauma (heavy concussion), broken left femur (some arterial damage) broken left hand and several fingers, shattered left patella and some other upper body injuries. He had immediate surgery and will be in ICU till at least Wed or Thur.

I or Hammer will keep everyone posted on Tim.

Again do not speculate or interject about the accident circumstances. Well wishes to him are very welcomed and will be much appreciated.

Shamus
(Cell 619-851-5628)

[Edited on 10-14-02 by Shamus]

[Edited on 10-14-02 by Shamus]

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
SH!T..... I hope they pull out of it ok....

Just to make sure I read this right he wasn't with the other guy was he?

·
4,208 Posts
from what it looks like on the other forum there were 2 bikes involved..This is latest update from a member there

.... ...As of 7:45 14OCT02

Tim is finally asleep. He was fitted for his brace for the broken left arm. It was an extreamly painful evolution for him.

I spoke with both his day and night nurses (I timed my visit so I could get everyone at shift change ) and his doctor.

Tim will not be going home anytime soon due to the nature of his injuries. They will be placing him into a care/rehab facility. He is into much pain and does not have and will not have anytime soon use of either hand.

They are expecting a full recovery for his broken right wrist. His Broken left arm however is a major concern. Due to the large amount of swelling that still persists they are unable to gage how much if any nerve damage may have occurred. The doctor said that it may be several weeks before they will be able to know for sure if he will be able to have full use of his left hand.

If you have specific question please PM (USU) , e-mail, IM me and ask them. My goal is to keep this just a one way feed.

And please only post well wishes into the other thread I started.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tony, it was unclear how it happened. They were waiting for the investigation to be conducted or something. It would be wrong to speculate who was at fault, or if they were together, until someone provides more information.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Man that sounds awful.

I hope that he gets thru alright - and by the sound of it he will. Can be really upsetting sitting in those hospital rooms when you're all banged up.

Nobody wants to speculate as to the cause - but the second rider (Yoshi) wasn't mentioned in the earlier meeting section - safe to assume he was met in the curve? Either way, not anything I want to see in person.

Best of luck to you Tremor and hope to see you back out on the road soon.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Damn,
I hate to hear about things like that happening to fellow riders. My thoughts are with them both...........

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim had a very nice 12. Some of you may remeber he was an
integral part of the large Dussault Undertail group buy....

Here's a pic of his bike from back then....

G

·
0 Posts
Best thought's and wish's for both to make a speddy recovery. Wow. Not a pleaseant predicament. :(

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I wish a speedy recovery.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts