·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone heard of this place in tiptree? total traction
i explained to home my bike is runnign really bad that it probably need tuning

he said
il run a diagnostic £60 quid an hour
look at if first see if it is tuning,if not il ring you and go from there possible faulty ecu.
if not il tune it 200 quid for a custom map,
but he doesnt have a rolling road but said he would do the custom map on his laptop and test it on a nearby airfield,this sounds a but strange to me and expensive,
he went on to assure me that dealers bring problem bikes to him that he doesnt need a rolling road to tune it?
does anyone agree with that,have they heard of this place?

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its had a major service,valve clearances and throttle bodies,the plugs didn't need changing.
he stated he didnt want to tune it if it could be something else,this sounded sense to me,however when he said he does custom maps without using rolling roads i thought it was a bit odd

·
Registered
310 Posts
As Mike said try HM Racing and while you are there you can get your suspension sorted as well. I did and it maid a big difference. :thumbup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On idle its all over the place,some days il turn the bike on and its fine,on the motorway its fine although there is a massive flat spot around 5k ,theres days where it feels a bit gutless.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Who the hell would go to the trouble of getting the valve cover off to do a clearance check and not change the plugs? :headscratch:
A set of the original NGK plugs may set you back £40plus but I wouldn't do any mapping with a dyno or otherwise without new plugs, new/clean air filter too. They may even improve the situation on their own. Good fuel too, I filled up with Morrisons supermarket fuel in the summer and it ran shite 'til I put some BP Super stuff back in it.
I had my PC3 map setup on a dyno and it cost £200 or so. I would get it done properly for that kind of money.
If you do get it dyno'd make sure anything you are likely to change....pipes, baffle, filter, plugs, Kleen air removal etc, is all done before.
Hope it gets sorted.
Shep :thumbup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers shep,
when the guy did the valve clearances he rang me,he told me the plugs looked good and didnt need changing as they were iridium.so i took his word for it why else would he say they didnt need changing as he was doing a job.he put the new after market k&n airfilter on that i gave him for no charge as its no bother,the end can is just a bolt on,no more mods.the pc3 that is on as recommended by dynojet needs custom mapping as its the rong unit for my model,the down pipes all get hot so i dont think its a lack of firing as that would also affect it running flat out,i dont get misfires or any backfiring so its not un burnt fuel,im hoping its something simple and that he turns around and says actually it dont need tuning its just your tps or something else.could it be a faulty ecu,they was a rumour that soem 12s had dodgy ecus?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts