Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BAM

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:39 pm Post subject: who has a muzzy race turbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

customer of mine has one and it made 353hp and 192 lb ft torque at 20psi. At 23 psi it made 333hp. Air fuel at 12.2
who else has some numbers to compare to?

joea
BAM

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

really the turbo lost effeciency over
20lbs boost, with the race turbo?

curious

Joe

NLR
BAM

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:59 pm Post subject:

The turbo will support 400+hp..just need some numbers from anyone else with one.
seb

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I am not an expert, but it may be possible that the fuel pump has reached it's max and the extra pressure is actually leaning out and potentially losing power and getting close to pre-ignition. But that is just a wild butt guess.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I have NO budget for a turbo.... but NOS.... I might sneak that pass my wife! :wink:

"What's that bottle thingie in the seat!!????" Oh that's back-up coolant dear.... remember honey... this bike is Liquid Cooled ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the way you think.....

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The Bottle

The bottle in the rear seat honey is compressed air in case I run over something and get a flat tire. Run over something like maybe this ugly bird they call a hyabusa. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
anyone seen the kits on a 2002?

If anyone has seen the 2002 model with the turbo kit installed - I'd like to see the link.

Be interesting to see if you can do that without cutting all thru the plastics. Might get me closer to thinking about it -- not that the $4K wouldn't make me forget.

·
4,208 Posts
if I only had a brain............and about 5 grand...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts