Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a thread on another forum and someone commented that fitting a small turbo gives an almost constant boost even at low throttle. Sounded interesting to me but I've no idea what would be needed parts wise so the question is
What exactly is needed to fit a small turbo to an A model zx12r, and what needs to be done with the electronics..

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
A kit from me. You would need a power commander

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
That's all you need for low boost as far as electronics is concerned.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
starts around 3500usd lots of options and upgrades available

Reactions: Cal Thorsen

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Gm 3bar too. But that easy to wire in.

cmg
you only need a 3 bar and pressure table in the pc5 if you want to tune for multiple boost levels. for just doing 1 boost level, say 5 psi on a stock motor, you just tune the fuel table like you would a normal bike, although its a different target afr under load.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
starts around 3500usd lots of options and upgrades available
Sounds good, I'm waiting for some insurance money to come through (could take 6 months or so) so I'm slushing some of that to fit a turbo on my bike (wife would go nuts if she knew😅)
Price sounds good.
Only wanting one boost level, low end boost is what I like the sound of with the small turbo like you mentioned earlier,
I only ride to and from work everyday with my bike, so don't need to be launched into space like the rockets you guys ride 😅
But a good boost from low revs is very appealing as I never ride in the top end.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
remember guys, its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts