Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Post up what you're running
Mine isn't the most impressive or the quickest or fastest, but here it is:

It's a 2000 ZX12R that I bought new in April, 2000. I'm the original and only owner and over the years I've modded it a little until recently when I went a little wild with the build and built exactly the bike I've always wanted.

The complete build was done by me with all welding done by my brother in his shop and all machine work was done by my brother and a friend of ours named Dave. All other fab work was done by me. We built a turbo system with the objective of having it completely hidden by the bodywork. I wanted all the mods to be so subtle that most people wouldn't be able to pick them out immediately. I think my goal was achieved.

The bike was stretched 4 inches and lowered 3 inches. My brother welded the swing arm extensions in place and I made the chain guard. I installed an air shifter that utilizes the swing arm as the air tank and also has an onboard air compressor. There is a lock up clutch hidden in there as well. I did a rear fender eliminator by fabbing a complete undertail/ wheel tub assembly. I didn't like the ones available commercially so I made my own that has a deep enough wheel tub to prevent the rear tire from smacking the undertail on hard launches. While I was doing that I also made an integrated tail light system for the turn signals. I also made an oil pan window to keep the oil around the oil pump pick up. The stock oil cooler had to go so I modded a 1999 Ford Super Duty power steering cooler to work as my oil cooler.It's sitting behind the ram air snorkel for maximum cooling effect. To feed the turbo I installed ZX14 injectors,Walbro fuel pump,Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator,Autometer fuel pressure gauge and braided fuel lines. For proper fuelling I had the ECU modded by Ridge Racer for an increase in redline to 11,700 and added a modified Power Commander V originally built for a 2006-07 GSXR 1000. To seal the stock airbox I made some block off plates and used aircraft fuel tank sealant to get it totally sealed. That's the "Cliff's Notes" overview of the project.

The twist to all this is that the Missile runs on E85. Tuned (so far) by me.

Here's the parts list:

Aeromotive:
Fuel Pressure Regulator

APE:
Adjustable Cam Sprockets

Autometer:
Boost Guage
Fuel Pressure Guage
Shift Light

Daytona Sensors:
Wego III

DEI:
Exhaust Wrap
Heat Sleeves

Dynojet:
Power Commander V
Autotune

Earl’s/Edelbrock/Russell:
Braided Lines & Fittings for Fuel & Oil Lines

Factory Pro:
EVO SHIFT STAR

Falicon:
Billet Clutch Basket

Garrett:
T3 Super 60 Turbo

Kawasaki:
ZX14 Fuel Injectors

K&N:
Air Filter

MPS:
Air Compressor
Air Shifter Kit
Sport Bike Shift Kill Box
Tether Kill Switch

MTC:
Multi-Stage Lock Up Clutch

Muzzys:
Adjustable Ignition Advancer
Cooling Fan
Dry Nitrous Kit (currently removed)
Lowering Links
Mirror Block Offs
N2O Bottle Bracket
Oil Filter Relocation Kit
Performance Clutch Kit
Velocity Stacks

Robinson Industries:
Transmission First Gear

Schnitz Racing:
Front End Lowering Strap
Turbo Scavenge Pump

Speigler:
Front & Rear Brake Lines

Superbike Mike:
4” Weld-In Swing Arm Extensions

Walbro:
Fuel Pump

Fabricated Parts by me and/or my brother:
Airbox Block-Off Plates
Air Shifter Cylinder Brackets
Assorted Brackets
Chain Guard
Drilled Intake Camshaft For Cam Position Sensor (used as exhaust cam)
Fuel & Oil Lines
Kickstand
License Plate Bracket
Oil Pan Window
Ported Head
Reed Valve Block-Off Plates
Turbo System
Under Tail
Wire Harnesses For Accessories

And yes, the yellow hose is gone now.

It just occured to me that this thread might be about performance numbers. I was thinking it was about the build configurations....As far as performance, I have no numbers to share. It hasn't seen a dyno, dragstrip or runway since I got it done.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
the black bike is undergoing a few minor changes but overall will be the same drag setup as i was running. the blue bike is in project mode. lsr build.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Mine is a 2000, budget build. I just kind of decided to put a turbo on it one day. Td04-15g @ 9 psi, ZX14 injectors, 1:1 fpr, was 2.5" exhaust and muzzys muffler now just a dump pipe, tuned (ish) by me on wego 3 and pc3, and Wossner 9.98:1 pistons after I cracked the ring lands on the stock pistons.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is just a roller right now...need the motor fixed before anything. Post up pics of your setups!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Mine isn't the most impressive or the quickest or fastest, but here it is:

It's a 2000 ZX12R that I bought new in April, 2000. I'm the original and only owner and over the years I've modded it a little until recently when I went a little wild with the build and built exactly the bike I've always wanted.

The complete build was done by me with all welding done by my brother in his shop and all machine work was done by my brother and a friend of ours named Dave. All other fab work was done by me. We built a turbo system with the objective of having it completely hidden by the bodywork. I wanted all the mods to be so subtle that most people wouldn't be able to pick them out immediately. I think my goal was achieved.

The bike was stretched 4 inches and lowered 3 inches. My brother welded the swing arm extensions in place and I made the chain guard. I installed an air shifter that utilizes the swing arm as the air tank and also has an onboard air compressor. There is a lock up clutch hidden in there as well. I did a rear fender eliminator by fabbing a complete undertail/ wheel tub assembly. I didn't like the ones available commercially so I made my own that has a deep enough wheel tub to prevent the rear tire from smacking the undertail on hard launches. While I was doing that I also made an integrated tail light system for the turn signals. I also made an oil pan window to keep the oil around the oil pump pick up. The stock oil cooler had to go so I modded a 1999 Ford Super Duty power steering cooler to work as my oil cooler.It's sitting behind the ram air snorkel for maximum cooling effect. To feed the turbo I installed ZX14 injectors,Walbro fuel pump,Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator,Autometer fuel pressure gauge and braided fuel lines. For proper fuelling I had the ECU modded by Ridge Racer for an increase in redline to 11,700 and added a modified Power Commander V originally built for a 2006-07 GSXR 1000. To seal the stock airbox I made some block off plates and used aircraft fuel tank sealant to get it totally sealed. That's the "Cliff's Notes" overview of the project.

The twist to all this is that the Missile runs on E85. Tuned (so far) by me.

Here's the parts list:

Aeromotive:
Fuel Pressure Regulator

APE:
Adjustable Cam Sprockets

Autometer:
Boost Guage
Fuel Pressure Guage
Shift Light

Daytona Sensors:
Wego III

DEI:
Exhaust Wrap
Heat Sleeves

Dynojet:
Power Commander V
Autotune

Earl’s/Edelbrock/Russell:
Braided Lines & Fittings for Fuel & Oil Lines

Factory Pro:
EVO SHIFT STAR

Falicon:
Billet Clutch Basket

Garrett:
T3 Super 60 Turbo

Kawasaki:
ZX14 Fuel Injectors

K&N:
Air Filter

MPS:
Air Compressor
Air Shifter Kit
Sport Bike Shift Kill Box
Tether Kill Switch

MTC:
Multi-Stage Lock Up Clutch

Muzzys:
Adjustable Ignition Advancer
Cooling Fan
Dry Nitrous Kit (currently removed)
Lowering Links
Mirror Block Offs
N2O Bottle Bracket
Oil Filter Relocation Kit
Performance Clutch Kit
Velocity Stacks

Robinson Industries:
Transmission First Gear

Schnitz Racing:
Front End Lowering Strap
Turbo Scavenge Pump

Speigler:
Front & Rear Brake Lines

Superbike Mike:
4” Weld-In Swing Arm Extensions

Walbro:
Fuel Pump

Fabricated Parts by me and/or my brother:
Airbox Block-Off Plates
Air Shifter Cylinder Brackets
Assorted Brackets
Chain Guard
Drilled Intake Camshaft For Cam Position Sensor (used as exhaust cam)
Fuel & Oil Lines
Kickstand
License Plate Bracket
Oil Pan Window
Ported Head
Reed Valve Block-Off Plates
Turbo System
Under Tail
Wire Harnesses For Accessories

And yes, the yellow hose is gone now.

It just occured to me that this thread might be about performance numbers. I was thinking it was about the build configurations....As far as performance, I have no numbers to share. It hasn't seen a dyno, dragstrip or runway since I got it done.
2fat your bike looks sick!!!! The clutch says something is up!!! Lol
Excellent pics. :thumbup:

cmg

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Ive learned a lot building my stuff, each one gets a little better IMO

first one, Master power 60-1

second Master power T61

3rd (friends bike) Comp CT3-5558 fits stock rad in factory location ;)

upgraded #2 to a Comp CT4-6265 (the current setup in the black bike)

my stuff from number 1 going on a 1k (sorry not a 12)

and last but not least, the new setup going in the blue bike for lsr. also a Comp CT4-6265

cutting the charge piping off for larger...

have intercooler pics too if anyones interested

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
the black bike is not charge cooled. but this was the first one in the blue bike

i didnt really nail the coolant flow, but the second one will work much better, and is a larger core too (lsr build)

this is the difference in core size (sliced off end tanks)

I really hate those small inspection plates! changing nitrous jets used to be a nightmare back in the wet kit days.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
thank you, theres not many places to put it! lol
its not like we can unbolt a plastic air box and bolt on an ultra plenum from RCC like the busa guys(be nice if we could!). the 12 is a little more "involved". I really tried to go over kill on internal bracing, you cant see all of it. not quite finished, but ill be getting back to it after christmas.

·
Registered
266 Posts
2fat your bike looks sick!!!! The clutch says something is up!!! Lol
Excellent pics. :thumbup:

cmg
Thanks CMG. Your LSR build, KZScott's bikes and a few others on here are what motivated me to unplug my head from my butt and finish this bike (even though a bike build is never truly finished). I'm hoping to meet all you guys at one of the Ohio Mile events this coming year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Brakes needed an upgrade from the original build but they are great now and a single stage lock up copes with the power.
Wrecked fourth gear in the motor at the end of last year so put the spare motor in built with H beam Carrillos for a little more strength over the A beams fitted originally.Big CC did a good job on the motor and it runs sweet so I will put some more boost in next year.
It should pull 240+ in the mile as we are adding a charge cooler similar to the way Scott is building and I might go for a Catalyst fairing similar to the one on your N/A Zx12r to improve the aero package a little.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Very nice! :thumbup: that's a lot of work. That cooler in the frame is a very trick set up. That takes some skills. If you get a opportunity to post some pics of the work that would be awesome. 240+ damn. If your not running a head lite then why not run a big charge cooler in the front?

cmg

1 - 20 of 37 Posts