Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took my 1995 ZX7 for a ride, I noticed that the turn signals were not working correctly. Only the turn signals on the right hand side were work properly, and the left hand side front turn signal just lights up but does not blink and the back turn signal doesn’t go on. I also noticed that the brake light does not work when pressing the front brake but works when pressing the back brake.
So far I check the bulbs in the turn signals and they are fine, then I checked the bulb socket and that’s good as well. The relay is good because there is current going through it but the orange wire has no current. I think it’s the wiring, how can I check it and where does it lead to.
For the brake light, I have no idea what the problem could be.
Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just gotta love the oddball electrical ,problem...one of the true joys of motorcycles. Whenever I run into these kind of issues, I start with the obvious stuff. Disconnect all the plugs for the components in question. Clean the connections with electrical contact cleaner, then squirt some dielectric grease into the sockets and re-assemble. Also keep an eye open for any bad grounds you may encounter along the way.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Check for a bad bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts