Kawasaki World banner

Two questions

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  OutsiderZX12R 
#1 ·
1. Is the 16/44 gearing the dragstrip choice or preference? 2. And anybody using the new Micron Serpent exhaust? What kind of power gains made?

#3 ·
Most guys are running the 16-44 because it adds to the wheelbase!!!...If Rickey Gasdon is running a 16-44 then why shouldnt you???

Dont know anyone running the Micron...The 3 popular pipes for the 12 are Akrapovic, Muzzy, Hindle step...

I have the Muzzy on the 2000, not too happy with the performance below 3500RPM...

Have the Akrapovic on the 2002 and its a great pipe in everyway!!!...Performance, fit, quality finish, I should have put it on the 2000!!!

A few guys really like the Hindle,but it has some fit issues, But performes well...

CrotchRocket

#7 ·
Boost

appears 16/44 combo gets the full use of the existing swingarm. I'm running a bolt on extension as well, but still use the 16/44 because since I'm used to it and want to change one thing at a time. I also run the Micron Serpant and am very happy w/the results. 153 SAE bone stock and 168.6 after pipe and EMS - Stock air filter. Went to another dyno and got 175 SAE where an '01 with Akro, custom map, K&N's, Muzzy fuel pump, crank case vac pump upon other mods only netted 177. (different day, so who knows)
Put a clone of King's NOS system on and got 258! Seems to love NOS!!!!

fastestr1 runs a step Hindle. Helped him install it and it was a breeze. No fit up problems at all and he seems happy with it.

My 2 cents worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.