Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.... I occasionally have my partner riding pillion with me and the rear suspension appears slightly too soft. Is there any handy way of setting it up?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1) Damage a few knuckles winding up the preload with a C spanner.
2) Buy a replacement shock with hydraulic preload adjuster.

I can't think of any solution in between. Other than increase preload so it's a bit hard solo, and a bit soft for pillion.
Using a C spanner before and after a pillion ride isn't fun to do regularly.
I only ever mess with mine when I've got a week away with luggage.

I'm seriously considering replacing mine with a HPA equipped after market shock as my standard unit is knackered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Shep, might just load it up a bit with a C spanner, I wouldnt normally be suspension sensitive, but I do notice it too soft.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You may find it easier to knock round the adjuster rings with a long drift and a hammer, loosen the top one first, and don't tighten the lower one more than half a turn to start with.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Why not try adjusting the compression damping up a few clicks? This may help with the bottoming out and wallowing without going through all the effort of adjusting the preload.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
You may find it easier to knock round the adjuster rings with a long drift and a hammer, loosen the top one first, and don't tighten the lower one more than half a turn to start with.
I bought a spanner tool years ago and have yet to use it. The above is what have been doing since the beginning. Works great
Lou

1 - 8 of 8 Posts