Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pressures are recommended for the ZX12 A2, and do they need altered if taking a pillion? thanx

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What pressures are recommended for the ZX12 A2, and do they need altered if taking a pillion? thanx
Have a look on your tyre manufacturer's web site. If they have your tyre for the ZX12R they will usually recommend pressures.
Having just been searching for new tyres, I can report that all of the ones I looked at recommended 40-42psi front and back for road use.
That's what I've been running in the past few sets with no issues.
I was using a lot less a few years ago, around 30psi, but the ride's improved with more pressure.
Those are cold pressures.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
42 psi front and rear.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Different tires like different pressure. On the 12r with Pirelli rosso I run 36 front and back. Have been for a long time now. Try a few different presures and see what works best for your riding style and tires.

Lou

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
Tyre shop put 38f 40r in my new Pilot Power 3's
Feels good so far..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
after trying different psi's after a post on here I used to ride at 42psi
now 38psi to 40 psi both front and rear.
I found that when going lower at 36 psi I got a wave action when changing quick left to right its a softer ride though

I found 42 you feel every bump lol

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I run mine front/rear 41~42 psi....anything lower than that and my fuel economy drops to shit (as if that's a real concern owning one of these thirsty machines) and the steering gets super heavy and sluggish. Curiously the pressure recommended by Kawasaki for the A1 is 41psi front and rear all time. Some of the other guys here run diff pressures...but...the bike handles like a dream where I run mine so I've no reason to look back. I can tell when they are low simply because the front end is super heavy....even at 38psi....

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I think you may find that in the late nineties kawasaki miscalculated when changing 290kPa to psi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts