Kawasaki World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - merry christmas and a happy new year!

After owning two ZX12rs (both from A1 models from 2000), today I upgraded to a 2010 zx14 with 21000kms on it (13,000 miles)

First impressions from riding it home and a really brief test ride 2 weeks ago:
Brakes are insanely awesome
Bike feels more refined than 12r
Feels slightly smaller and lighter and easier to maneuver
I think I preferred the big bug eyes of the 12r but the 14 looks are nice also
It's nice to be on a bike that's not 21 years old!
Exhaust note is a bit meh. It's a stock bike with stock exhausts and I preferred the 12r exhaust note
Power didn't seem much different to the 12r even though the 14 should be more powerful (not that I need more power)
Engine doesn't sound or feel as smooth as the 12r did - but then again I didn't really get much above 8k revs. I did wonder if everything is 100% with the engine though since it just felt as if maybe one of the four cylinders was just a bit off, like not firing perfectly - but I might be imagining it or it might be a feature of the way the bike is mapped that it doesnt come across as smooth as the 12r was

Overall though I think I'm going to love the bike, but just got this niggling feeling on the last two points above that maybe it needs some tweaking......

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If you want you could get the factory centre stand, it comes with a nifty grab bar that attaches on the left side and looks pretty good.

I had a 12, then 14, then back to a 12 again (personal preference). My current 12 has had engine work, and I test road a 2012 14 with the bigger engine - it compared fairly close with my built 12, but of course had newer details etc.

You should enjoy the 14, they are a very competent bike, and with just slip on mufflers/cans they sound great (I had Micron carbon mufflers on my '08 14).

Enjoy!

Don.

·
Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
Might just need new spark plugs if its running a little off

Reactions: Duck00 and stube40
1 - 4 of 4 Posts