Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everyone, I'm pretty new here, Introduced myself a little while back when I bought my 02' 12R. so I've gotten to taking it apart and giving it a really good cleaning and took the air filters out in the process. I would like to replace them and would like to use a set of BMC filters as replacements, not so much for the power gains but more for the fact that I can clean them and not have to buy new oem's at $80+ per set. so my question is, if I use the BMC filters and and then down the road install a bolt on Yosh RS3,will I then require a PowerCommander also or are filters and a bolt on not enough of a upgrade to require the Pc3?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 2000 A1 with k&N air filters and a bolt on Yoshi, it runs really well as it is without a power commander.

No doubt it would run better with a PC3 and a custom map, but it runs just fine without one.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
not needed, its the header that necessitates a map change

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
hi everyone, I'm pretty new here, Introduced myself a little while back when I bought my 02' 12R. so I've gotten to taking it apart and giving it a really good cleaning and took the air filters out in the process. I would like to replace them and would like to use a set of BMC filters as replacements, not so much for the power gains but more for the fact that I can clean them and not have to buy new oem's at $80+ per set. so my question is, if I use the BMC filters and and then down the road install a bolt on Yosh RS3,will I then require a PowerCommander also or are filters and a bolt on not enough of a upgrade to require the Pc3?
As mentioned above I have BMC's and Yoshy RS3 without needing a PC; she runs great and sounds fantastic :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,pretty plain and simple, I don't mind spending the money if I needed to,but if I don't need to then that's even better:thumbup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just to add my 2pence. I have a set of filters and an end can. I run a Pc3 with a custom map and it does run better than without. If you can get a cheap one is worth it, if your looking at a new one then dyno time I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I removed the Kleen Air, ripped out the cat, added K&N filters and a Scorpion end can. At the same time I had a PC3 fitted and dyno mapped.
Power and torque on the graphs were up a little and they were a bit more linear but I really couldn't tell the difference performance wise.
It definitely sounded better (louder). I do think the PC3 made getting on and off power in traffic at 20-30mph a bit smoother. Maybe I just got more time on the bike and improved my throttle control.

Fuel economy was not improved at all by the PC3.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
not so much for the power gains but more for the fact that I can clean them and not have to buy new oem's at $80+ per set

You can clean the oems with gas ya know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts