Kawasaki World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took my pearl mystic black 02 12-R off the road about 4 years ago when it was struggling to charge and I discovered oil in the generator loom. I removed it, learnt about putting a break in the loom or soldering it or something, bought a new connector etc etc with the view I'd repair/modify it.

I'm a bit worried I'll end up with heat shrink going into the oil ways or something dreadful, and I'm missing the bike, so think I'll just buy some new OEM parts at a small fortune and be good to go for years.

What I'm wondering is, does the b3 stator and regulator fix this (the three wire model) ? Can I just spend the small some of £700, fit the two parts and get riding again?

I've been tooling around on a 07 Busa in the mean time and I'm missing the old girl.

Cheers all

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I looked at the prices on that link, bloody hell!

If it's just the stator you need you can get a Ricks Stator for much cheaper, comes with the wiring loom attached.
I have a Japanese MOSFET regulator/rectifier that uses a different connection method for the stator wiring connection, so also helps to eliminate the oil collecting in the stock style of connector.

Don.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This post suggests that the later model parts (21003-0017 and 21066-0007) are compatible! Now I just need to track down someone cheaper than Fowlers (if they exist).

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts