Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a problem with vibrations through the handlebars on their 12? I guess it's always been there, but it's particularly obvious at the moment cos I'm riding a 130km round-trip commute every day with light summer gloves on. The vibes aren't strong enough for me to be conscious of them, but my hands are getting a bit numb after 30km or so. Has anyone had a problem with this, and if so, have you done anything about it? Fitted thicker grips? My bike's a 2002 model B2 and the tyres, chain and sprockets are all getting close to replacement time, so I'm sure they're not helping the vibes.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Anyone else have a problem with vibrations through the handlebars on their 12? I guess it's always been there, but it's particularly obvious at the moment cos I'm riding a 130km round-trip commute every day with light summer gloves on. The vibes aren't strong enough for me to be conscious of them, but my hands are getting a bit numb after 30km or so. Has anyone had a problem with this, and if so, have you done anything about it? Fitted thicker grips? My bike's a 2002 model B2 and the tyres, chain and sprockets are all getting close to replacement time, so I'm sure they're not helping the vibes.
yes on big haules(650KM's)/mainly the right hand as the cables go straight to the motor.i do use my legs to hold my self up!the best thing i do is keep my hand right on the end of the handle bar if its in a safe zone to do so:thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi, I have a B2H but haven't experienced any vibe through the bars like you describe, just finished a 1200+ 4 day tour of Scotland and only discomfort I had was a numb bum from time to time. My bike has aftermarket Ariete & Harris grips.They were on when I bought it so can't tell you of any diff from standard from experience, but I can say I don't get any numbness even with summer gloves. Maybe worth considering a change of grips?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had kind of the same problem this past weekend. Read the post titled "long ride" there's a lot of good information in there on how 2 make your 12 more comfy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new grips

thanks guys. Will read the 'long ride' thread. My grips are the original, 9 year old Kawasaki ones, so replacing them would make sense. Also, my bar-end weights have been replaced with gold ones that look nice, but might not be doing as much damping as heavier standard ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts