Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok new annoying thing thats happening

from the front theres a rattling only when i travel at high speed sounds like a vibration noise like a loose screw in and around the front air intake,i thought it was the after market front indicators i had fitted as they cam with inline resisters which i had to tuck into the front fairing,
i thought the wind had blown them loose and they were rattling around,so i wrapped them n bubble wrap and tucked them away.
but still the vibration noise,it sounds like keys rattling on the top yoke but i only had my one ignition key in,
anyone else get this noise it only happens when i riding at about 80 and above

·
Registered
136 Posts
:scared: resistors can get hot, very hot.. I would suggest you remove the bubble wrap and do a decent job of mounting them securely lest your bike go up in flames when the bubble wrap can't dissipate the heat.. unless you don't use your indicators much, in which case as you were..

you'll probably locate the rattle when you mount the resistors and then both jobs will be taken care of :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I put a crack in the black plastic heat shield that goes over the cam cover. I put it back with the crack and got all sorts of noises from it. I've also had buzzing noises from the black plastic disc, between forks at bottom of lower yoke.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys with reference to fairing stays? what are these? and just the nose cone area we talking here any in particular .ref the plastic disc at the bottom of the fork yoke how did you trace the noise to that?

mine makes noise like a buzzing stroke rattling when i reach speeds of between 70-80mph then stops,
its definitely plastic

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ok guys with reference to fairing stays? what are these? and just the nose cone area we talking here any in particular .ref the plastic disc at the bottom of the fork yoke how did you trace the noise to that?

mine makes noise like a buzzing stroke rattling when i reach speeds of between 70-80mph then stops,
its definitely plastic
I taped everything with duck tape until the bloody noise stopped. It looked like a proper mess fur a while.
The fairing stay is a Y shaped, black steel frame that comes up to the mirror mounts. It has been known to come loose at the two nuts where it joins to the frame (front of headstock.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
il do that thankyou for the picture,il loctite them aswell do they actually work loose then?is it comman

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well took of the nose cone section.the stay bolts are fine.took out the snorkel tucked away my.led. indicator resistors out the way.the only thing i could find was where one of the fairing clips has broken a fairing mould.but i dont think that would make the noise .the noise has died down a little so doesnt happen so often.so it must be bloody that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts