Kawasaki World banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Vulcan 2000 that has about 5000 miles on it. I have it since new. My problem is that around 2000 miles it developed a noise in the valve train assembly. By the time the noise started the warranty expired, so I was on my own as far as paying for repairs goes.

I brought it into a Kawasaki dealer in my area and they said that they put a small amount of kerosene in the oil to try to clear out the oil passages in an attemp to clear the problem. The noise subsided for a while but returned. I brought it back to the dealer several more times but to no avail. All in all it cost me about 1500.00 and still I have the noise which got louder.

2007 I developed a medical issue that put me on my ass and out of worrying about riding, so essentially I parked the bike and forgot about it until now.

In 2004 A friend and I purchased the same bike at the same time from the same dealer, he purchased an extended warranty policy I did not. His bike developed the same noise before my bike did. He brought his bike into his dealer who replaced the valve train assembly and the noise went away. he currently has about 30000 trouble free miles on it.

My question to the forum is, does anyone know if this year bike had a manufacturing defect that Kawasaki corrected in the following model years.
Also does anyone know what is causing this problem in the first place? Are the oil passages on the pushrods too small, clogging up too early, starving the upper part of the valve train?

I'm sorry this post is so long winded, any help would be greatly appreciated.

i

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.