Kawasaki World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetingz,
Just joined this forum and would appreciate your input.

I am in the process of purchasing a low milage VN900 Custom. My last 2 bikes were both Suzuki M50 Boulevards. I know the M50 and appreciate the bike's handling.

Your Comments: How good is the Vulcan Custom's handling? Handling both in town at slow speeds and handling on the open road. I've read plenty of reviews where they say the bike handles well in twisties.
What I am interested in knowing is the handling at high speeds on a fairly poor quality, uneven roads (and not so much good quality highways).
My biggest worry is the 80/80 21" front wheel. I dont wanna come off at 75mph because of that thin front wheel.

Thanks for all your input.
Regards,
Ricardo

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
My buddy had one of those 900 customs a few years back. I dunno what you mean by "high speeds" as the bike tops out at 108mph. As for highway speeds, the bike handles just fine. It handles decent all the way to the top. The lean angles are decent for a cruiser style bike. You won't be hitting twisties hard without scraping pipes and pegs, but since you are familiar with the M50 Boulevard, you know this all to well I'm sure.

I wouldn't worry bout that front wheel. It grips fine. Looks cool too. A "pizza cutter".

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I absolutely love my custom, it handles very well in town at slow to normal city driving and hey I can keep up with the big boys on the highway and it feels stable and enjoyable, Hubby rides a 2013 Victory Cross Country tour and my bike will keep up not a problem, Had to change the seat but that is also due to a bad back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.