Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok starting a new thread with all information on the first page to make life easier

Below is who has confirmed, where they are staying and if they want to do the Zip wire

Will update this first bit as we go

Bunk House

Mike1000 - Confirmed + Zip Wire
Afkan - Confirmed + Zip Wire
Sask - Confirmed
Shep - Confirmed
DRP - Confirmed + Zip Wire
NinjaYorkie - Confirmed + Zip Wire
Bomber12 - Confirmed + Zip Wire
Tony12R - Confirmed + Zip Wire
Mr Bowler Hat - Confirmed

Camping or booking own room

Redwon - Confirmed - To book own room
Smiffy - Confirmed - To book own camping / room
DOA - Confirmed - To book own room + Zip Wire if well enough
BigJim - Confirmed - To book own room
CrispyDuck - Confirmed to book own room or camping

Check in Friday 30th May checking out Sunday 1st June 2014

It works out at £26.60 each for the weekend not including breakfast if you require a duvet for your bunk the Dragons back will supply at a cost of £5 for the weekend and a towel at a cost of £1, please let them know of let me know and Ill arrange.

Looks like we have definite space for 2 more, possibly 3 in the bunk house if anyone else wants to bring a guest or come along, all are welcome

Where we are staying
HOME - The Dragons Back

Zip Wire Link
Zip World - Zipline Snowdonia, North Wales - Longest and Fastest Line in EuropeZip World
Zip Wire is £50 each, I can probably bring this down with a group booking - So if you want to go on it, let me know ASAP

Breakfast will be at the Hunny Pot Cafe down the road from The Dragons back on the Saturday from about 0930 ish - We will then head out on the days ride / Zip wire antics from around 11am ish

Honey pot cafe is located just outside Talgarth
The Honey Cafe - Bronllys - Brecon Beacons

Friday 30th im guessing that Afkan and Tony12R will meet me in Swanley and then we can pick up Jim on the way - Not London though its a right ball ache!!

We will head down the M4 and stop at Reading services and meet anyone else there - Am also happy to meet others along the way.
Meet times to follow but would suggest Meeting in Swanley at around 1130 / 12:00

Anything I've missed ill add later such as ride out routes etc

Anyone else interested in coming along let me know ASAP
as well as the ZIP wire, If I don't get the numbers I wont book it

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Lookin' Good :thumbup:

Thanx Dave.

PS. I will be arriving earlier this year, without a slow ass Busa in tow, lol

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You'd best put up the price of the zip wire, without looking the longest one was £50 I think.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hay Mike have not heard owt from Dan ( brenda fazer boy ) for a while so txt him earlier to see if he wanted to do the zip wire... he has now said he can`t make it:puzzled: so there is another bed in the bunkhouse going if anyone wants it?
I am still coming and you can count me in for the zip wire :crazyloco:
P.S am planning to do "KAWASAKI SUNDAY" if you or any of the guy`s are gonna be there??

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys just keeping the thread going as this is coming around pretty quick.

Anyone else want to come along please let me know ASAP as there is room for another 2/3 in the bunk house, also let me know about the zip wire ill need a few more to arrange a discount.

All information is at the start of this thread

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Had a great day.
I thought I would try and get my Baby MOT'd found it hard riding with only 1 eye I went slow and gave myself a lot of space and time.

Got there :thumbup:
the MOT tester DROPPED my bike:banghead::rant::banghead:

cracked my Left and Upper fairing :banghead:

I couldn't believe it..
He passed it and didn't charge me for the MOT

and has said that for me to get the new fairings and send him the bill BUT jees
what a pain

Getting my mate at CLaycross Kawasaki to sort parts hope they be able to get them in time for Wales or I'll have to hide it out of the photos :tard: :angry:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Had a great day.
I thought I would try and get my Baby MOT'd found it hard riding with only 1 eye I went slow and gave myself a lot of space and time.

Got there :thumbup:
the MOT tester DROPPED my bike:banghead::rant::banghead:

cracked my Left and Upper fairing :banghead:

I couldn't believe it..
He passed it and didn't charge me for the MOT

and has said that for me to get the new fairings and send him the bill BUT jees
what a pain

Getting my mate at CLaycross Kawasaki to sort parts hope they be able to get them in time for Wales or I'll have to hide it out of the photos :tard: :angry:
Bad luck Bri....or good luck which ever way you see it...guy will be shocked at the bill...lower are about £388 and upper about £588 last time I looked + stickers ££££
Hope he has a good heart or is sitting down when you tell him....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Bad luck Bri....or good luck which ever way you see it...guy will be shocked at the bill...lower are about £388 and upper about £588 last time I looked + stickers ££££
Hope he has a good heart or is sitting down when you tell him....
Sorry to hear about that Brian! My MOT tester gets me to sit on it as he's paranoid about dropping it. It's tricky in those brake rollers unless you have long enough legs.
Upper usually crack where the mirror folds back as it hits down. Mirror too?
You wont get change from £50 just for one ZX12R sticker.
The winglet does not come with a new lower fairing, if it dropped, that would have grounded first. Stator covers are available if it's damaged, most seem to drop it on the clutch side.
Don't bin the fairings, they are always weldable unless chunks are actually missing. The uppers are just not available used so it's still got value.
I can't even type with one eye shut. Riding a bike must be interesting?

Mike1000 and I have both cracked uppers above the mirror mount by dropping the bike. Both fixed and not visible. A cracked upper has still got to be worth a couple of hundred.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Brian! My MOT tester gets me to sit on it as he's paranoid about dropping it. It's tricky in those brake rollers unless you have long enough legs.
Upper usually crack where the mirror folds back as it hits down. Mirror too?
You wont get change from £50 just for one ZX12R sticker.
The winglet does not come with a new lower fairing, if it dropped, that would have grounded first. Stator covers are available if it's damaged, most seem to drop it on the clutch side.
Don't bin the fairings, they are always weldable unless chunks are actually missing. The uppers are just not available used so it's still got value.
I can't even type with one eye shut. Riding a bike must be interesting?

Mike1000 and I have both cracked uppers above the mirror mount by dropping the bike. Both fixed and not visible. A cracked upper has still got to be worth a couple of hundred.
So what your really saying Shep is we really need to have an "Upper Fairing Cracked Club" ?.....count me in lol as an old time member....damn those folding mirrors :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
So what your really saying Shep is we really need to have an "Upper Fairing Cracked Club" ?.....count me in lol as an old time member....damn those folding mirrors :thumbup:
Yeah, there's probably loads more that won't admit it. :angry:

***** Back to topic.....
Mike, I'll do the "Welsh slide of death" if you're booking numbers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hi Shep , Mauser the crack is just under the mirror and above the light popped it back and with a little T cut not bad
he dropped it riding it into the work shop he stalled it and ran it / dropped onto a lifting frame grr so the bike didn't hit the floor thank god Wings ok and clutch cover ok mirror little scratch Black marker will sort that out.
he hasn't got back with the price yet and time / del to get it.

If I had got the cash I would get the left too and have a complete new set but I spent it LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bri, bad news on the bike but at least by the sounds of it, it's not that bad!

Think your a better man than me though, if I'd have been in your position I honestly think I'd of gone bat shit crazy on the mot tester for dropping it!!

Any ways back on to the subject of the zip wire, currently we have less than half the group wanting to go so cost wise it's £50 each, to get a discount I need a few more.

Again don't really want to split the group on the day so if I don't get a few more we will probably give it a miss.

I'm away in Scotland this weekend but will finalise and publish routes / plans in the next week or two.

I'm also away in Europe from the 8th of May (yes I know I said I couldn't do it but my circumstances have changed and I thought meh, why not!) For 12 days so want to get everything finished for the weekender before then.

again, still 3 spots in the bunk house if anyone else wants to come

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Even if not enough want to do the zip line to get a discount I'd still want to do it, as I don't know when the chance to do it again will happen.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok fair enough, I'll split the group lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bri, bad news on the bike but at least by the sounds of it, it's not that bad!

Think your a better man than me though, if I'd have been in your position I honestly think I'd of gone bat shit crazy on the mot tester for dropping it!!

Any ways back on to the subject of the zip wire, currently we have less than half the group wanting to go so cost wise it's £50 each, to get a discount I need a few more.

Again don't really want to split the group on the day so if I don't get a few more we will probably give it a miss.

I'm away in Scotland this weekend but will finalise and publish routes / plans in the next week or two.

I'm also away in Europe from the 8th of May (yes I know I said I couldn't do it but my circumstances have changed and I thought meh, why not!) For 12 days so want to get everything finished for the weekender before then.

again, still 3 spots in the bunk house if anyone else wants to come
Mike
I doubt I will do the Zip Line, but am quite happy to find a grassy knoll somewhere, lay back and watch the event. My head for heights is limited to a step ladder :scared: It will be good fun watching and chilling:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts