Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to bring you guys to my backyard... I hope you enjoy just some of the sites of this great city.

The bridge in the back is how we would go to Easy's house (Canada)

Coast guard keeping our waters safe!

Belle Isle.. If you watch Indy racing or seen the movie Driven this is where they raced!

Closer

Canada side.. Where Canadian Club is made! (we can get it from there cheap)

Dedicated to Mark PMB and Markcbxxxxx

Just in case you couldn't see it :twisted: Yes it's painted on the building. Barry Sandeers was there but I think he ran away

The Fist (Joe Louis)

GM Hq Closer up photo

The spirit of Detroit.

Comerica Park.. The Tigers Den! They are in there licking their wounds

Ford Field. The Lions den right next to Comerica park.. I think someone has been praying for the Lions! :lol:

The only side by side photo I could get of the two ball parks

The voice of the Tigers Ernie Harwell 40 yrs in the booth! Tribute inside Comerica park

Hockeytown Cafe.. We love our Wings!!! Great food and all the games! Did I mention the parties from last season?

One of the MANY historic old churches in Detroit.. Waht does that sign say?

OH!!! What ever it takes to win I guess??

The Fox theater

I hope you liked it!

A special thanks to Belle Isle for all the river front picts
Nextel for the cup painting
The Lions and Tigers for at least looking good while they lose!
and you for taking time to look!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Detroit

Ynot
I was born and raised in the Detroit area , left when I was 19, those pics bring back some good memories. 8)
I saw the Supremes I think at the Fox, and saw the Beatles at Cobo Hall (My memory of those times is a bit blurry 8) ) Actually got in a pretty good fight on Belle Isle but did get my nose busted up pretty good. :evil:
About Halloween is when it starts getting cold back there , have fun!!!
Muzbwarm :wink:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Great pics keep it up... I have been wanting to make a picture run around here.... Maybe I'll do it this week...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muzbethinking of the wrong place it gets cold here in Aug :lol: :lol: Yea old man winter should start slapping us around Halloween :cry:
got in a pretty good fight on Belle Isle
:lol: :lol: I think everyone has!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ynot, I was down on Belle Isle yesterday. That pic must have been from yesterday cause that Frieghter was in the exact same spot when I was there at about 2:30pm yesterday afternoon. When were you down there?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Otis WTF... Were you at that picnic or were you riding? I did about three laps around the Island. I was there between 2:00-3:00.. Thats weird!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
No I wasn't riding. I was on my way down to Riverview hospital for business and thought, humm, I haven't been on Belle Isle in a while so I thought I'd take a drive around it. Then after getting on the island and I saw that view of the skyline and that Freighter, I had to stop. So I walked down to the water and sat on one of those big concrete blocks down there for about 15 minutes. It was beautiful! Didn't see or hear a bike though. And actually it was more like 2pm that I was there.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup... I was there.. Took the day off to ride and thought I would post some picts for the board...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was just after you get on the island. On the right side. That picnic was on the other side of the bridge. Man they must have had 30 guys playing that football game eh?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is where I stopped to take the picts... Did you see the motorcycle cops in "class" by the fountain? It was a lot of guys playing.. Did you see the girls taking pictures on the Coast Guard ship on the grass?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Nice pics ynot. How long is that bridge in the first pic? :)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! Kiwi I think it's between 1/2 & 3/4 mile.. Im not sure though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts