Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is for the Kawasaki Z750 and Z1000 motorcycles. Post up a new thread and tell us about your Z750/Z1000 and include a few pictures.

:mfclap:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi everyone!
My name is Anthony or Dutchy to my mates. I live in the South of Tasmania 30 k's North of our capital city Hobart on a 5 acre property named after my beautiful wife, "Shirenaview".

I currently own 2 Kawasaki's. One is a highly modified 1986 Z1300-6 DFI called Max. The other is a 2011 Z1000SX Ninja which has a lot of mod's including risers and many others.

I also formed a group called ROT (Riders Of Tasmania) 5 years ago. We are not a club or association but more a group of mates numbering about 175 people who have a ride once a month and a social sip's as well. You will also see we have BOAR's which stands for (Boys Own Adventure Rides). I will if it is ok with you guy's I will post up ride reports and photo's.

In Feb I intend to purchase a new ZX14R which I will call Blaster.

In closing if anyone is planning a trip to either Aus or Tassie please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank your and safe travel's, Dutchy

Here are a couple photo's of my kid's!

J.W.

J.W. and the Rotfather 2012.

Max & Shirena.

J.W.& Max

Shirena's VW Bug-A-Lugs

·
Registered
214 Posts
Guy's I have owned Max from new since 1986. She started life as a bog stock Z1300-6 DFI. Then in 1994 I hit a car head on with her and wrote her and just about me off. After two years we were both rebuilt. Max has spent 5 years on display in the National Auto Museum in Launceston and last year I put her back on the road. She is now a 1502-6 DFI, has Ohlin shocks, white power front fork springs. She also has air induction via the Gpz fairing, and tunnel in the fuel tank. She has nissin twin spot front calipers and braided lines back and front.

This year I have sourced many new replacement parts from Germany and intend to Turbo her and add a large rear wheel kit. Also she has a custom seat, crash bars & handle bars with a throttle log and heated grips.

She is a great old girl and wherever I take her she still gets plenty of attention. I ride her about 3 or 4 times a month and she carry's my wife and I compfy.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Guy's I have owned Max from new since 1986. She started life as a bog stock Z1300-6 DFI. Then in 1994 I hit a car head on with her and wrote her and just about me off. After two years we were both rebuilt. Max has spent 5 years on display in the National Auto Museum in Launceston and last year I put her back on the road. She is now a 1502-6 DFI, has Ohlin shocks, white power front fork springs. She also has air induction via the Gpz fairing, and tunnel in the fuel tank. She has nissin twin spot front calipers and braided lines back and front.

This year I have sourced many new replacement parts from Germany and intend to Turbo her and add a large rear wheel kit. Also she has a custom seat, crash bars & handle bars with a throttle log and heated grips.

She is a great old girl and wherever I take her she still gets plenty of attention. I ride her about 3 or 4 times a month and she carry's my wife and I compfy.

Hmmmm 6 cylinder/1502 cc's great to see a build thread turbo charging that beast! To me the Z1300 was the most advanced engine ever made in its time buy a long shot,im suprised that the companys havn't thought of going 6 cylinders again..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello!

I am the third owner of a 2003 Pearl Blazing Orange Z1000. There was damage to gas tank that I did not discover until after the purchase so I am in the process of fixing things up. I have recently missed out on purchasing two gas tanks on ebay that went for around $260. Tonight I saw a 2006 Z750 tank with no dents so jumped on it. So now the question is, will the 2006 Z750 tank fit on the 2003 Z1000? Looking at the pics they look basically identical. The specs list the 750 at 4.8 gallons and the 1000 at 5 gallons. Looking at the bottom of the tank the fuel pump and level indicators both look the same. Only difference I can see is there are two hose outlets that face towards the seat, I'm guessing this was a California emission thing? Anyways, if anyone has tried this please let me know what happened.:banghead:

Bikes I have owned:
1985 Honda 450 Nighthawk
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1976 Kawasaki KZ 900
1985 Yamaha V-Max
they are all gone, now I have a 2003 Kawasaki Z1000:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Sunny Milton Keynes

Hi Everyone

Just signed up having joined the Kwak club with a Z1000SX tourer

Lovely bike comfy, powerfull and easy to ride, my last ride was a Silverfazer 1000cc hence the name lol. looking forward to some good tips and hopfully some nice ridouts/meetups.

Chat soon

Tony :drink:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts