Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well :shock: i went to IRP in indy this weekend it was the first time on the strip for me and the new 12r. Best time was a 11.5 bike is bone stock and im 6'8 375lbs so i dont think it was to bad. I've only had the 12 for about 2 weeks so im still getting use to it. I had a suzuki tl1000r before it so it was a big diff.

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Welcome to the board. Practice practice!

A.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome! 8) You will not be disappointed with the 12R, and like Ship says practice makes a huge difference (in any discipline) and the best part is the 12R fits big guys! :shock: 8) :lol:

One day I might take mine to the strip, not a drag race guy, but getting a good launch on a road course is essential. The 12R does a decent job at corners as well...have fun!

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
What year 12? May want to look at getting a billet clutch basket, especially for the 1st gens.

Next I would recommend simultaneously lowering the front and rear as well as -2 up front. A little more practice (try not to hot lap the 12 more than 3 in a row) and I believe 10s are there for you under good conditions.

A.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 03 still has stock turnsignals. 2 more months it will be dropped stretched 8 over and a sidewinder + some other things so ya 10's here i come o and getting custom fork and rear shock for my weight also so that will realy help.

·
Registered
884 Posts
your life will never be the same again. sorry. now about the fun of smokeing your tire to heat it up and the burnout to clean it off out of the water. or running the "dude" down at the end of the track trying to clear 165 before hitting the hooks. or haveing a friend that is close to your skill level running with you and you each make the other better and faster. oyeah you are screwed. welcome to the fun of dragraceing. just remember it is sort of easy to get sort of carried away. next thing you know you will have 800$ special bearings............... :roll:

·
Registered
884 Posts
oh keep a eye on your clutch. mine slipped from the first day i raced it bone stock and watch the stack hight. there is a lot of info on here on clutches.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
ahh dragracing :D it will drain your bank account faster than a bad coke habit :lol:
welcome to the madness 8)

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts