Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just wanted to get an idea of what your Dyno numbers are and what mods you have done. I got a 2008 14 with a Two Bros full system, PC3 and did the secondary plates. Im not sure what kind of map is on the PC3 as I got the bike with the PC3 and 2 Bros already installed. Ive been searching and I find that stock 14's are right around 154-160hp @ 100tq That seems kinda low imo as my 12R was making [email protected] with a PC3, filters and a dyno tune. What kinda of number range does a full system and dynotune usually net on a 1st and 2nd gen 14?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
On a low-average Dynojet Dyno, look for 175hp SAE with a full system, tune, and pump gas. Around 105-110 torque. Huge gains over the 12R from the low end through the midrange.

With race fuel, light oil, and no air filter, you can make 190 SAE on that same dyno. This is based on hundreds of dyno pulls, across numerous dynos, on our personal bikes.

·
Registered
571 Posts

according to previous owner mine puts out 191

flies out, tsukigi full exhaust, tune, non-stock air filter, handlebar tassels ( tassels trimmed for less drag )

·
Registered
577 Posts

according to previous owner mine puts out 191

flies out, tsukigi full exhaust, tune, non-stock air filter, handlebar tassels ( tassels trimmed for less drag )
Got mine beat. But my tassels are extra long... could be the difference.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
My stock 06 made 165 and 101 torque. Just a minor tune with power commander, stock exhaust, butterflies removed. My ZX12R (1270) made more peak HP/Torque and would flat outrun my ZX14, but the ZX14 had a HUGE amount of low end power compared to my ZX12R.. Two completely different machine to ride..

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just a note on dynos & dyno #'s

my zx-12 reportedly put out 186 dyno'd in seattle area

I took it in here ( montana) to try to get some of the stuttering out of it at low throttle positioning

the owner/operator of the dyno drag races a stock '04 zx-10 ( 2 bros slip-on & PC3 ) & a turbo's busa

It pulled 157. ( 29 hp or @ 15% less than seattle) I said I'd really like to see something closer to 200 :)

I asked why such a low #, he said all dynosl vary, the important thing is af ratio & the hp#'s are relative really only on each specific dyno

he said his zx-10 puts out more than any other liter bike he's dynod ( granted its a 1st gen & he's spent many hours on the dyno ) & that is, depending on the day/conditions, from 135 to 140

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Generally Dynojet dyno's are fairly comparable. The dyno weather stack will compensate, to a large extent, for different weather/altitude conditions. That is why you can set the correction factor to "uncorrected"...that will show the actual hp the bike is making that day. In comparison to corrected numbers, that difference can be huge.

Some other dyno types, such as a Factory Pro, can read tremendously different (much lower) than a Dynojet. For motorcycles, the Dynojet is the industry standard.

·
Registered
571 Posts
the one here in billings is a dynojet ( dont know the model#)

i believe it was uncorrected, only @ 3000+ elevation but close to 100 degrees

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
the one here in billings is a dynojet ( dont know the model#)

i believe it was uncorrected, only @ 3000+ elevation but close to 100 degrees
For comparison sake, you always want to use corrected numbers. My 14R on a cold day made 199 SAE corrected, but 211 uncorrected, on a local dyno. Huge difference. Had it been a hot summer day, it probably would have been low 190's, uncorrected.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I really wasnt concerned about the numbers , as they are somewhat meaningless........kinda like big fish pictures :)

just wanted to get it smoothed out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2008 with Muzzy slip-ons, PCV with Jeffo map and flies removed made 177 rwhp:

Same bike but with Akrapovic EVO exhaust, PCIII with custom fuel map made 188 rwhp:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
This is Racheal's stock motor 2006. Best numbers from a stock motor 14 ever on Brock's dyno (at the time):

Mods:

CT single, flies removed, 17-41 gear. 6.625 BST. 190-50 P1 2ct compound- no-oring drz-2 chain - 5th gear pulls- 47mm tbs, factory, Pro short stacks, flat access plates- Guhl ECU- added >>0 Alisyn and Petron- MR12 -30 psi- oiled chain.

It's the little details that can add up...:thumbup:

EDIT: Also, no air filter! Works on the Gen 1, not on the 14R.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
cool
where do we see if these are "corrected" numbers or "uncorrected" ?
In my pic, it is shown in the upper right..CF. My pic shows STD correction. I always get the raw run data (.DRF file), and I use Winpep 7 (Dynojet) to compare the numbers.

For a non-Dynojet dyno, you would have to ask the operator.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
This is Racheal's stock motor 2006. Best numbers from a stock motor 14 ever on Brock's dyno (at the time):

Mods:

CT single, flies removed, 17-41 gear. 6.625 BST. 190-50 P1 2ct compound- no-oring drz-2 chain - 5th gear pulls- 47mm tbs, factory, Pro short stacks, flat access plates- Guhl ECU- added >>0 Alisyn and Petron- MR12 -30 psi- oiled chain.

It's the little details that can add up...:thumbup:

EDIT: Also, no air filter! Works on the Gen 1, not on the 14R.

What changed to cause the 14r to not like no air filter?

cmg

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
i was thinking the frame was unchanged and so when you said the 14r did not respond to the airfilter removal it was just curious to me. i would think the big 1441 would benefit from no restriction. its why dynos are a good tool.

cmg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts