Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAVING DIFFICULTY FINDING OUT THE COLOR OF MY BIKE.
IT IS A RED, IT IS DEFINATELY FROM THE FACTORY......

KAWASAKI USA HAS NO CLUE, NEITHER DOES KAWASAKI CANADA
I GIVE YOU THAT CLUE BECAUSE THE PLASTICS ARE FROM CANADA, BUT AFTER SPEAKING WITH THEM, THEY ALL SHARE THE SAME INFORMATION.

IF YOU GOTO COLORRITE.COM AND GO THROUGH THE YEAR 2000 YOU WILL SEE PERSIMMION RED, BUT THATS NOT IT

IF YOU GOTO COLORRITE.COM AND GO THROUGH THE YEAR 2002 YOU WILL SEE PASSION RED, BUT THATS NOT IT

IF YOU GOTO COLORRITE.COM AND GO THROUGH THE YEAR 2003 YOU WILL SEE COSMIC SPLENDOR RED, BUT THATS NOT IT

IT IS ALMOST LIKE A CRIMSON RED. GOTO MY WEBPAGE AND YOU WILL SEE THE PICTURE OF THE BIKE.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*! HELP !*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just signed up today and do not know how to post pictures but here is one shot, hope it works, if it doesnt please tell me how to post the picture.

Also the plastics are not weatherbeaten or anything, they have at best, 500 miles on the plastics. Remember these plastics are from canada. notice how the bottom part isn't painted half black like they usually are.

thank you

·
Registered
416 Posts
seeing as the bottom half is sprayed (and i havn't seen any like it as stock) it may be a case of the bike being sprayed with the nearest match possible / what could be found.
I Don't no bugger all about spraying but can you change the shade by the way you spray it, ie a mattalic painted door repaired has to be blended in with surrounding panels even though the colour is the same?Maybe clues as in are inner side of the panels sprayed as stock ones are not.
UK registration documents give the name and addy of the previous owner. If yours do write or look the number up and ask.discribe the bottom of the fairing being sprayed. It may not have been when he sold it and may have been done by a dealer. Hope it helps

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Why do you need the paint code so badly ???
It looks pretty good to me :twisted:

If it was from canada you need to remember that canada has been the test bed for new kinds & forms of motorcycle paint for suzuki for decades. They put different and limited paint colors on our bikes up here sometimes and even the dealers have no idea. I can only assume that kawasaki might do this same thing :evil: for all you know it is a paint code from a japan only bike :evil:

If you are really desperate goto a custom bike shop and ask them to mix something up for you . It's usually not to much for them to mix exact matches if they have a "good" example that they can us eto make comparisons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) Thanks Blackstar ~ candy persimmion red was only in 2000 though, wierd how it is on 2003 plastics....

:idea: :?: Thanks for droppin by Richard, test complete! How did you get the picture in there? Is that part of your signature?

:D :idea: Thanks Olly, i will have to check the inside of the plastics, I don't think it was repainted, but if a really really really good painter did it and i didnt know what I was lookin for I suppose it could get away with it.

Do stock plastics come with a piece of foil on the right fairing to keep the heat resistance at maximum?

8) Thanks TheKaz ~ I am looking to paint the ram air covers along with other plastics to match the fairing colors to set my bike different than all the others. The paint shop I deal with can match it of course with a few tests, but they said the exact code makes it much easier especially since my paint isnt weather damaged or faded at all.

Can't believe how hard it is to come up with the freagin color!

Thanks all for ya help :twisted: 8) :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
the ram air covers look real nice when you paint them the same color as the bike go to the gallery where it says its been a long time since we posted pics of our bikes

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Go to the page where your image is, right click on the image and go to Properties. Highlight the Address (URL) and then copy that path.

Come back to your Post reply and then do this with that path:

"
"

...without quotes (and without spaces after and before the brackets, url), and it should come out like this:

If that doesn't make sense, it should be in the tutorial in those Gallery instructions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Welcome aboard!
That's a nice looking bike you have, but my guess is,
it has been re-painted. Which may not be a bad thing,
as it looks like it was done nicely.
Do you know the bike's history ??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts