Kawasaki World banner

201 - 220 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi all , First post for me from Australia , Great fourm you have here.
Today I thought I would try and carbon wrap my ashtray , I think it turned out ok for a first attempt.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Today I thought I would try and carbon wrap my ashtray , I think it turned out ok for a first attempt.

Welcome!
Good job. What else hav you done to the mighty 12! You folks down under hav some awesome bikes!
More pics!
cmg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks cmg , Bikes fairly stock at this stage , New tyres last week and just putting some bling on it at the moment.
I've been off road bikes for about 11 years and only been out on this 3 times so far , still getting back in the swing of things. Been racing a quad in between and still got it (08 700 Raptor ) heres a pic of the big girl as she is now.
Thanks for the welcome too :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Very Very Clean!!!!
Full pipe , pc3usb, 17 tooth counter sprocket, and alittle timing advance will wake her up big time!
Nice ZRX too! :thumbup:

cmg

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Very Very Clean!!!!
Full pipe , pc3usb, 17 tooth counter sprocket, and alittle timing advance will wake her up big time!
Nice ZRX too! :thumbup:

cmg
+1 :thumbup: would have to be one of the cleanest ive seen in a long time !
PS welcome Aussiesteve great bikes mate.:thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
+1 :thumbup: would have to be one of the cleanest ive seen in a long time !
PS welcome Aussiesteve great bikes mate.:thumbup:
Cheers guys , the bike was no where near this clean when I got it ,I think it spent a bit of time out in the weather , But it has cleaned up fairly well considering it's age.
It has got a fuel programer of some sort I think , It's got a little box under the seat with about 6 or 8 micro switches on it , got to find out where it goes too.
The ZRX is a mates and is immaculate and blinged to the max

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
It has got a fuel programer of some sort I think , It's got a little box under the seat with about 6 or 8 micro switches on it , got to find out where it goes too.
The ZRX is a mates and is immaculate and blinged to the max
That sounds like my Yellow Box speedometer calibrator.

That is a sweet ZRX. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
I had a hard time removing the screws when I was taking my engine apart. The idiotic Philips head on those, plus thread locker, make this job nearly impossible. Even with an impact driver one of the screws did not come out, and the head completely stripped.
I ended up hammering a small 12-point socket over the screw and using a ratchet. That took it out. I replaced the Philips head screws with socket head screws.
Tried this today, best trick in the book mate, thanks!! Worked well.
8mm 12 point socket

·
Registered
262 Posts

Damn, Aussiesteve. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
That looks Amazing.
I tried that myself but I'd gotten the wrong carbon stuff
(I got sent "Sticker" not "Wrap" =39 bucks down the drain).
I've since ordered the 3M stuff and hope to have my Ashtray looking as good as yours.
Well done, Mate.
Cheers from a fellow Aussie.
Gavin

·
Registered
112 Posts
Damn, Aussiesteve. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
That looks Amazing.
I tried that myself but I'd gotten the wrong carbon stuff
(I got sent "Sticker" not "Wrap" =39 bucks down the drain).
I've since ordered the 3M stuff and hope to have my Ashtray looking as good as yours.
Well done, Mate.
Cheers from a fellow Aussie.
Gavin
Thanks Gavin , The 3M stuff is the the best stuff and a lot more expensive
I only bought the cheap shit from supercheap to try and it worked ok :thumbup:
Just take your time with it , use a heat gun or hair drier to soften it and don't over work it.
Not as good as real carbon but only a 10th of the price :lol:

201 - 220 of 1767 Posts