Kawasaki World banner

1721 - 1740 of 1766 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
After many weeks, if not months of me and my mechanic trouble shooting my 02 12r’s electrical issues, I finally have it close to where I want it to be.

List of modifications:
-Carbon fibre air scoop, chain and tire guard, gas tank tray, dash panel covers
-fender eliminator
-full hindle exhaust (shortened can)
-pcv
-smoked double bubble windscreen
-led headlights
-shindengen mosfet R/R
-oil wick mod
-smoked tail light
-gravity gold bar ends
-remove pillion bag holder bolts
-gorilla alarm
-undertail
-steel braided lines
-pazzo levers

Going to install a license plate curtain hider, brighter rear turn signal led’s and wrap the midpipe black within the next few weeks.

I’ll upload a video of a walk around and startup once I’ve got all that done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Got fed up with the clunks and clicks coming from the bike while riding on uneven roads, Tracked them down to the infill panels rattling on the flexi ram air tubes as I have the tube clamps on the upper side for easy access, I put a bit of rubber matting between the 2, I must add that I don't have the forward screws fitted on the infills as there just a twat to line up on my bike, but this also means they're easy to remove.

Also adjusted the caliper pad springs to stop the pads from clacking up and down.

Wow, big difference, the bike does not sound like its about to fall apart while riding it now. :grin2:

Reactions: SteveW

·
Registered
626 Posts
FU,

.Your bike looks great. Black & Gold is a excellent combo.

On a scale of 1-10 that's probably a 8 to a 8.5 for me. Nine if it's mint condition but that's gotta be really minty condition though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FU,

.Your bike looks great. Black & Gold is a excellent combo.

On a scale of 1-10 that's probably a 8 to a 8.5 for me. Nine if it's mint condition but that's gotta be really minty condition though.
Not sure if this was meant for me or not lol, but thank you if it was. The bike is in fact mint, no scratches or cracks anywhere. 1 chip the size of the end of a pin on the nose section, but that’s it. Not visible until you’re face is about 12” away lol

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Fresh slugs are ready. I struggled with the wrist pin clips until I bought this Porsche tool:

Nice work.
Did you make sure the cir-clip is “snapped” down into the groove of the wrist pin bore? The cir-clip can sit “on top” of the groove. Sitting on top of the groove looks deceptively “in”. If the cir-clips are not seated into the groove, they can be spit out when the engine is running. Major damage to follow. I have taken a small blade screwdriver and worked it around the clip making sure the clip is in that groove.

cmg

5 Posts
Dear sir please help me for this topic i have a Kawasaki model Zx12 R 2000 engine no ZXT20AE006904 and frame no ZXT20A009308 and wiring harness model no 26030-1678 please recomend the ECU that is fitted in this model may be ECU model No# is 21175-1065 or 21175-1069 or 21175-1068 pleas sir informe me about thi i am wait your reply ??

·
Registered
626 Posts
Took the mirror apart, clean inspect, tighten up. Everything in rearview so clear again. So if you mirror is too blurry, could be the weights (same as the wheel weights) is missing, weather stripping, or the two screws connected to the arm are loose. Be cautious when taken off. Seems could be damaged easily, putting back just snaps on. Swing arm tomorrow, new seals going in. Probably put a new chain guard on it. Front end last week. New color matched ss lines (thank you Raymond Apex brakes ) his lines are made to whatever length you need. Good quality, great price. He uses no mar rubber sleeved fittings and high flow banjo bolts. New rear tread maybe on Tuesday.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Rear brake fluid, air and oil filters and cleaned up the rear end. Thanks for the motivation mefirst (long live ABBA) ....New tire soon and should be road ready again.

1721 - 1740 of 1766 Posts