Kawasaki World banner

1741 - 1760 of 1766 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Definitely looks like the trailer park. Garbage and all.
Hello: Good morning to you. Do you know where I come from there are no trailer parks? I didn’t know what a trailer park was until I came here. If I lived in one then could understand where you are coming from and speak from real world experience as you often do. Until then have to go with what I see on the tv and of course what is posted on these internet forums :smile2:

·
Registered
626 Posts
We must have one of the rarest of this generations sport bikes. That's actually a pretty good feeling.

Saw my first confirmed 12 on the road. Blue, heard it first. Saw it again several times. Winter has set but if this guy is on the road through winter have to get a picture of it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just ordered some new oem friction plates. Didn't need em but seems this time of year these wear items seem to show up from out of nowhere. $3.96/ea

·
Registered
30 Posts
After I bought the 12 I had some charger and battery issues that got me stranded once or twice so been looking for a nice gauge ever since ...

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
gave her an oil change hit start would not turn over, tried to jump start would not turn over pulled starter replaced brushes . starts like new

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
UK ZX-12R B4
Been doing some VDS (Vehicle Down Sensor) checks, I now have 2 spares. Thought they were bust as when checked using just a battery and jumper lead they showed the right working voltage but would not trip off, the ECU clearly has more to do with it as it needs to be in the system to generate the trip/tilt to off voltage.
Fitted a spare regulator, as one of the yellow wire plugs had a poor/slightly corroded terminal, and the yellow wire was overheating and turning brown.
Noticed in the battery tray the White to Brown wire headlight plug was turning the white wire brown with overheating because of corroding crimp terminals so cleaned and soldered them, which is probably why I could see my voltage fluctuating more than normal.
Recharged my K&N air filters so I can now see light through them, whereas before I couldn't.
Changed the fuel pump as mine was hesitating at around 6500rpm.
Also took some pictures of checking the Headlight tripwire, while the tank was off.
Hopefully out for a ride soon.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Went out for a quick blast and it picks up loads better now the K&N air filter is clean, and with the Yoshimura end can sounds awesome, it's hard not to keep blatting the throttle.

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I use a smear of LM grease around them, they slide in and out ok, well sometimes I have to give them a bit more of a nudge for that last in to go in.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Had some Avon Storm 3D XM's, 8mm tread depth, fitted to my spare blue wheels yesterday, only £166.
Fitted them to the bike today. Also had to fit some new brake discs and pads as the old discs had gone concave.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to get out for a ride before the Liverpool v Leeds game.

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Got out today only did about 90 miles still half-inch to scrub in. All seem fine.

Web Avon 3D XM's on blue wheels.jpg Web Blue 12.jpg

1741 - 1760 of 1766 Posts