Kawasaki World banner
1801 - 1820 of 1834 Posts

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
After pulling the filter out and blowing it out both ways, I am seeing suction on the screen that feeds the fuel pump that I didn't before. Gonna try this and see if it helps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
When's last time it ran? Any issues then? Clogged injectors. Fouled plugs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
When I parked it last fall, it was running fine. Honestly, at this point I don't know. I expected to find nastiness in the fuel tank and fuel pump assembly, but it was pretty much spotless.

Going to take it to. Kawasaki shop later this month for them to figure out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If your fuel pump and injectors are working, and you're getting NO fault codes, then the number one culprit is going to be a poor connection in the kill switch, as any resistance in there will kill the spark generated across the spark plug coils. A resistance check through the kill switch can confirm this. Sometimes just exercising the switch can clean it enough to work.

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The other day while at Squires Cafe I came back to my bike to find the indicator was dangling down, I checked the other side and that was ready to do the same.
A steady ride home and then stripped all the fairings off. I know you can just remove the 4 screws for the inside infill panels, but it's a twat to mount the indicator brackets.
Ordered new ones and fitted them today.

Reactions: color me gone

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yes, both were cracking across the top, due to the weight of the indicator and old age. The front was more aged, but probably because of more bug splats.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It's a Deer Whistle, this one has the holes straight through so does not get full of bug splats.
Does it work? it's hard to say, I've not hit one yet.
My mate says they fit these to all the Diesel trains and they never hit Deers, whereas the Electrics don't have them fitted and are always getting washed down.

·
Registered
19,271 Posts
It's a Deer Whistle, this one has the holes straight through so does not get full of bug splats.
Does it work? it's hard to say, I've not hit one yet.
My mate says they fit these to all the Diesel trains and they never hit Deers, whereas the Electrics don't have them fitted and are always getting washed down.
Kewl!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Well, While I had the fairings off to do the indicators I thought I may as well do a shim clearance check, I worked out that the last time I was in I forgot how to count between 5 and 6 :rolleyes: easily done, so swapped those EX shims over. 5 was over the wide side and 6 was just inside the low side all sorted now, and yes this time I checked again after bolting down the cam bearing. 😄
As you can see no need to remove the radiator, though I did remove the choke/fast Idle cable, and slide the throttle off the handlebar.
Also did an Oil change, and brushed the bugs from the air filters.

All back together now, but unfortunately not been out on it as the sky started to rumble and then came the rain.
I may have to wait a couple of days now to get out again.

1801 - 1820 of 1834 Posts