Kawasaki World banner
1841 - 1843 of 1843 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well the big news is that my ZX12R now has a little Italian sister..

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I followed what Lemmy from Motörhead said - "You only live once".. and I had the money so... The bike is a 2018 V4S model. It came with a full titanium Acrapoviĉ system. A buddy of mine was the only previous owner, he traded this one for a 2021 V4 SP.. I have added some stuff like a tail tidy, handlebar mirror, etc.. Riding the Iĺ Duce is a totally different experience.. Any way.. Sad news is that after 22 years the ZX12R waterpump "lid" gasket gave up and has started to leak. I have ordered and resived a new gasket set for the pump and it's just waiting on a rebuild.. I plan on doing a "How to" write up with pictures once I've done the waterpump rebuild, hoping a post like that may be of help to someone later on..

/Tom

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
1. Great 2nd bike! I'd love to have a V4 Ducati.

2. Interesting about the water pump, I am waiting on the mechanical seal for the 12's water pump. Just drained the coolant to take off pipes for easier access to the starter motor, which needed new/used parts. Once I reinstalled everything the little drain hole at the bottom of the water pump started leaking, which shows the mechanical seal is stuffed according to the manual. Tried cleaning and putting back on but no good. Ron Ayers spare parts sending the bits. I think with the age of the 12's now (A1 here) any work on one part of the bike causes something else to stress out and give way!

Don.

1841 - 1843 of 1843 Posts