Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike I am picking up Mon. What exhaust is this? It says full exhaust added. Very low mileage...under 5k........so I did not ask a lot of questions. Just wanted to get the deal done.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a D&D bolt-on, they are out of Texas. That is the factory header system, not aftermarket.
Thanks. D&D, forgot all about them. My other bike I traded must have also been stock pipe with a slip on. 2002.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a real advantage to changing it out to a full exhaust?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I need to wait until I pick it up and see if the header is oem or not and then figure which way to go with the exhaust. Gonna go get it late Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
That is a full system in the picture with the Yoshimura exhaust. If it was a slip on, you would see a flange with 4 bolts (could have a cover over those bolts) where the can bolts onto the factory exhaust. Full systems cans slip over their mid pipe with either springs or a clamp holding it together.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
A steal? That looks like it has been through the war. I wouldn't give 20 dollars for that system.
Changed my mind. Was gonna go cheap but decided to do it right. There is just not much on the used market. Think I am going to go with this Hindle Kawasaki ZX12 (2000-05) with Black Ceramic Evolution Muffler (182) , a Power Commander, BMC filters, NGK iridium spark plugs, new fluids and take the bike to Dyno Services - Ryan Schnitz Racing (only 2 hours away from me) for a dyno tune and be done with it. If no billet basket, have to add that and eyes are open for some Marchesini wheels.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is the pic I was referring to.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I believe you...............been out of the game a while and thought that looked like the stock pipe. I will just get a new system.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Changed my mind. Was gonna go cheap but decided to do it right. There is just not much on the used market. Think I am going to go with this Hindle Kawasaki ZX12 (2000-05) with Black Ceramic Evolution Muffler (182) , a Power Commander, BMC filters, NGK iridium spark plugs, new fluids and take the bike to Dyno Services - Ryan Schnitz Racing (only 2 hours away from me) for a dyno tune and be done with it. If no billet basket, have to add that and eyes are open for some Marchesini wheels.
I think that's an excellent idea. They are more expensive, but I would stick to the factory NGK plugs if it were me.

Congratulations on the new bike and enjoy!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts