Kawasaki World banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think that's an excellent idea. They are more expensive, but I would stick to the factory NGK plugs if it were me.

Congratulations on the new bike and enjoy!
I think I will just message Schnitz and see what plugs he prefers........since he will be tuning it. I really don't care.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wish I lived that close to Schnitz. Mine would be dynotuned already.

Hope that 12 is as clean as it looks for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Me too. We'll know real soon.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Good & bad. There is a poor blend job on the front right fairing. Thought I saw that in his pics, but plastic looks pretty good everywhere. Right side derby cover was scratched already AND then I dropped in trying to get up curb into my drive in the slush. Why would we not have an unexpected snow & ice storm on the day I picked up the bike? Lucky just scratched the cover. A few scratches on bottom in the purple but again no plastic damage. Good things are a PC III is on the bike already & I THINK there is a billet basket. Through the oil cal hope, it doesn't appear to be cast. Mileage looks to be legit. Motor is very clean & radiator still has most all paint intact. Chrome is in good shape. So now, I will add full exhaust, looks like Arata is gonna win & take to Schnitz for a tune. Purple stickers will be replaced by black & lower purple will be painted matte black. Side engine covers, I will just remove & also go to black, along with visible part of gas tank & probably swingarm. Then likely figure out a vinyl cover up for that mismatched paint. Want to keep spending within reason for a 20 year old bike. Oh & seats need recovered. Well passenger does (from cowl), so will just do both. Happy overall.

20200218_161947.jpg 20200218_162202.jpg 20200218_162149.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like stock exhaust pipe with an aftermarket slip on muffler. Need a better pic to tell for sure.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Looks like stock exhaust pipe with an aftermarket slip on muffler. Need a better pic to tell for sure.
I ordered a Hindle Race System today after some research here. Kawasaki ZX12 2000-2005 with Black Ceramic Evolution Muffler (18225) Race
AND happy to say: "Thank you for your order from Woodcraft Technologies! We wanted to let you know that your order was shipped via UPS, UPS® Ground on 2/19/2020."
Super fast with the shipping and they have ALOT of very nice stuff. I'll be back there shortly. Found them on Hindle's site.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
View attachment 16225 View attachment 16225
Very light & nicely made. Pretty impressed. Being a race system, I am disappointed that an O2 bung is not present. Schnitz will have to weld one in when he tunes it. Coming REAL soon.

·
Registered
311 Posts
None of them come with O2 because the bike didn't have it originally. I added one to mine, the mid-pipe. You made a good choice, nice system.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
None of them come with O2 because the bike didn't have it originally. I added one to mine, the mid-pipe. You made a good choice, nice system.
Arata does currently sell systems with the bung & a plug. Those were the two in finals for me. Back to back dyno tests swayed me to Hindle.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Arata does currently sell systems with the bung & a plug. Those were the two in finals for me. Back to back dyno tests swayed me to Hindle. View attachment 16228
Arata is a beautiful exhaust. Expensive. I have seen 204hp with one. Welds are second to no one. That said the Hindle is awesome too. Excellent look. Your going to make some power. I thought Brock was selling these?

cmg
C2E1FE56-32AE-4E1A-91E5-77BBA3106BFF.png

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not sure what happened with Brock and Hindle. I had a little bit of trouble finding a dealer in the US for the Hindle. On Brock's site, he only has the Megaphone style exhausts listed for the 12R with his name on them. I was really on the fence. The Arata was $1450 shipped and Hindle was $1140 shipped so did save a few bucks. Everyone was all over the place with what is the best exhaust for the 12R and I just got tired of reading them. It will make enough power with either really. Just a street bike for me. Not even stretching this one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here's what I recommend, all things considered....

Akrapovic Installation
Had one on my former 2000. Nice exhausts but very hard to find an undamaged one. Oh, they were very much in all the argumentative exhaust threads that I went through. I simply could not read anymore...........lol.

Reactions: Barbarian-CBX

·
Registered
311 Posts
I didn't know the Arata had one. It really doesn't matter as they are very easy to add. The Dynojet Autotune is fantastic and it comes with an O2 bung you can have welded in.

I drilled my own, then took it and had it tig welded. They charged me 40 dollars, which I thought was robbery, but.....

Anyway, I have the Akrapovic and I like it a lot. I would LOVE to have a Muzzy can and keep the Akrapovic header. The Akro is VERY quiet and I think there is no better sound than the Muzzy.

The Hindle is a great exhaust. I hear they fit TIGHT on the header install. Tight where they mount to the head and it takes a bit of finesse to get it installed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I LIKE quiet. This D&D muffler is obnoxious. Glad it is coming off, today. I liked the Akra on my former bike too. On Ebay there is a new Arata muffler, with a lightly used header for $1150 shipped. That made the final decision tough. But these bikes are so fast, I'd be happy with any exhaust I am sure. Took for an hour ride today. Have to keep weight on the front end for sure. Such an animal.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
And we are about to find out
20200223_170809.jpg

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I took a step back. Ordered new plugs, coolant, oil, filter, nose fairing (due to poor mismatch fix) and gonna do this right since I don't know how old any of this is. Then run this tank of fuel out of it (since seafoam is in there) and take it for the tune at Schnitz.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's the way to do it. Same thing I did to mine when I bought it. If you care about the longevity, then you should do it.

Mine was dirty from sitting for years, I mean REALLY dirty. I posted some photos on my Instagram. You wouldn't know it was the same bike. I took it all the way down to the frame, every piece, and cleaned, replaced, what ever. I had some time on my hands, it took me about 3 or 4 weeks of all day work to complete. It was a lot of work, but worth it.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts