Kawasaki World banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I decided to pull radiator since I need to drain & refill anyhow. Oil too. I also have a used nose fairing coming due to that paint mismatch. Pipe install went smooth. I 100% believe the 4500 miles. Everything is squeaky clean. 20200226_174639.jpg 20200226_190158.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hindle looks great. Is it going to clear the bottom fairing sufficiently? Years ago the muzzy burned a hole in my fairing. ??
I'll let you know when I put fairings back on. It is very tight to oil pan (up against it), so probably why. If it rubs fairing.........I guess I can put a piece of exhaust wrap on it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
These hideous turn signals are going away, front and rear..........to Proton units. All the purple will be replaced with black. The mirrors will be ZX14. Seats will be recovered.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What will you do with the factory signals front and rear? If you get rid of those and the undertail, let me know. Maybe I have something you could use.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What will you do with the factory signals front and rear? If you get rid of those and the undertail, let me know. Maybe I have something you could use.
The factory signals are gone. I bought 2 sets of Proton signals. There was some cheapo carbon fiber crap on here. The rear fender is still there, just cut down.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I see, thanks for the response. Tell us how you like it when you are finished with the maintenance. I have done everything to one so if I can help, let me know.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just added the coolant and oil. Did first warm up cycle on the exhaust. All went well. I have swapped headlight & snorkel into new to bike front fairing. Time to start putting back together further, BUT I still have to change all the purple to black & waiting on carbon fiber clutch and stator covers. I did get the zx14r mirrors, but need to repaint the heads on them as I do the black on the fairings. (I am still searching for a factory candy green 00, rear seat cowl. Want OEM).

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Just added the coolant and oil. Did first warm up cycle on the exhaust. All went well. I have swapped headlight & snorkel into new to bike front fairing. Time to start putting back together further, BUT I still have to change all the purple to black & waiting on carbon fiber clutch and stator covers. I did get the zx14r mirrors, but need to repaint the heads on them as I do the black on the fairings. (I am still searching for a factory candy green 00, rear seat cowl. Want OEM).
Sound good? Is it loud?

cmg

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It is kinda hard to tell, cuz only ran in garage & there is an echo effect. Not as loud as that D&D slip on was, for sure though.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
That's all D&D exhaust is good for is making noise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Today

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Nice bit of kit. 12 is going to be real easy on the back and wrists with this!
did you get the oil cooler hose resolved? Looks like it’s close to the header.

cmg
Think it is just the angle of the camera. Have did several warm up cycles since install. All is well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
XZ14 mirrors sanded and painted. Moving forward. Oh Proton signals too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Delete

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
The satin black looks killer. Anything else getting satin? The lower purple?

cmg
Yeah. The lower purple, all decals, and a stripe on upper fairing to cover paint damage.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts