Kawasaki World banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I hope you clean that thing while you have all the parts off!
The day I towed it home, hell of a snow storm so snow, salt, all over the roads. Then I dropped the damn thing while trying to conquer the curb at the end of the drive, due to slush. Nightmare..............but all good. Everything will be tip top here in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Got stripe on front fairing painted to cover up boo boo and carbon engine covers on. Working on fairings now.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Getting closer. Riser bars arrived today. Be installed soon. Corbin seat delayed due to Coronavirus. I get it. All good. I am digging this look. That swingarm and lower forks are definitely going to the same truck bed coating black as the tank sides. Filler panels are going to carbon fiber.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Your 12 is super clean. Did you paint the gas tank? Exhaust going to clear the fairing?Coming together very nicely. You are looking to change the rims? Any headway on the magnesium ones from woppi?

cmg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Your 12 is super clean. Did you paint the gas tank? Exhaust going to clear the fairing?Coming together very nicely. You are looking to change the rims? Any headway on the magnesium ones from woppi?

cmg
I did paint tank with truck bedliner paint. Same will be done with swingarm and lower forks. Exhaust looks fine with the protection that I put in place on inner fairings. Think I am gonna stay with chrome rims. They have grown on me & the magnesium wheels look to save only .1 in the 1/4 and that is what I am all about (short distance guy). The money vs time does not seem worth it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Getting closer. Such a different seating position. That chrome gas tank insert is leaving for a carbon fiber one, as well as the tank pad.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Your 12 looks tremendous! Great combination. Sounds real good. I don’t have face book, so don’t know if you posted any riding impressions other than the quick around the block. The street fighter bars work very good with the lines of the bike. ?

cmg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Just a basic walk-around, but yes..........they look fully normal unless you know what original 12 bars look like. Happy with them. My back thanks me.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts