Kawasaki World banner

What oil filter do you use?

10K views 60 replies 15 participants last post by  lie2me 
There are two OEM filters available for the 12. I use the 1070 series. They have the pressure relief valve and I am told that they are superior to the other OEM filter.

They are expensive - $ 12.40 retail a piece (if memory serves me right - I bought 4 at once).

Also, remember to pick up 1 drain plug washer for each oil change.

"You must be fast, 'cause I was haulin' ass when I passed you."</p>

Grinding shims is a major no-no. The grinding marks can cause the shim to shatter at rpm, if that happens you get to find out how much a new top end costs. The guy that does that is not only _really_ cheap, he's not too smart, either....

Sounds good, looks good, lets see how the pricing is.

I'm just a little uneasy about the "meets" or exceeds blurb. I'd like to see "exceeds" only.

But, we'll see. Till then, 1070's for me.

Ya know, the more I look into the Scotts filter, the more I like it.

I think after I use up the 3 1070's I bought, I may buy a Scotts. I think the 12 is the bike that's gonna break my "buy a new one (bike) every 2 years" syndrome. I like the bike so much, that I really can't see trading it in a year from now....Oh yeah, thats what I said about my 98 zx11.

Ahhh shit. Well, lets just say that the '02 12 isn't enough to make me even remotely think about trading my '00 in, we'll see what '03 brings....

Thanks Steve. That is how you gain customers, by taking the time to communicate.... It's appreciated.

I don't know about Slo, but I definitely kept my stock pipe.

Its wrapped up in my crawl space, where it does more good than on my 12.

ASCARacing, $$$ ?, post what it would cost me tomorrow. Thats how we do things here. Just ask Doug @ Spencer Cycle, we like cold, hard numbers.

Savings brings loyalty.

I started listening to Speednuts comments on the Scotts filter, and I liked what I heard. I also did quite alot of digging on my own, and I am still liking what I hear. I like scientific proof and I've found it. I am buying a Scotts, for that reason.

As far as the oil goes, I've heard so many opinions by racers, oil experts, molecular engineers and guys that just have an opinion that my head was starting to spin.

The following article wrapped up what I had been feeling in my gut for a long time. Mobil 1 for me. As I said, scientific proof. (BTW - I was a Castrol GTX guy, up until last year).

www.ducatimeccanica.com/oil.html

ASCARacing, I didn't say that Doug posted a price for the Scotts filter. I was talking about the price Doug posted on his website (and directed us to - by link) on the Akro/PC3R/K&N Filter (which, by the way I bought).

Here is the scoop. Within the next week or so, myself and probably more than one other person from this site are going to buy a Scotts filter.

What I am looking for is why should I buy that product from you? Better price, better service, etc...

I have dealt with Doug personally, and I can tell you that so far even if Doug is beyond your price I'll still order it from him. Why? Customer service.

I have his email address and know his name, all I know you by is ASCARacing. Get my drift?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.