Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What window switch are you running for nitrous?

And what RPM do you have it set to come on/off with your ZX12?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump... my ZX14 swingarm/ZX10 wheel swap is done, so finishing up my nitrous is next on my list. I'm looking to buy this window switch...

Adjustable RPM Activated Window Switch NOS Rev Limit | eBay

Wondering what RPM range some of you nitrous users think is reasonable.

7-11?
8-11?
8-11500?

From what I understand, the factory rev limiter is set at 11600 but it will read a little ove 12000 RPM on the tach. BUT I'm assuming it's just the tach that is displaying wrong... I have WEGOIII datalogger and it never logs over 11500 (which would make sense). I'll have to go back and read my wiring notes, but I'm pretty sure it gets it's RPM signal from either a coil or injector. Which is of course the same as what the RPM window switch will read from. For that reason I was thinking 11k RPM would be a "safe" shutoff of the nitrous and give me time to shift, and give me forgiveness if I kiss the limiter.

Any comments?

·
Registered
473 Posts
i dont have a window switch but it would go 7-11. i usually spray from 7 up.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont have a window switch but it would go 7-11. i usually spray from 7 up.
Cool thanks. That window switch I'm looking at online, you can have them program it with 8 RPM settings (which you can then adjust it any of the 8).

I was thinking low side 7-7.5-8-8.5

then high side 10.9-11-11.25-11.5

Most likely set it initially at 8-11, but some room to play either side (in case I go extended revs in the future, etc)

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a button instead of widow switch and extended revs 800 over stock. built a spray bar only a 30 shot as of now. might go this route next year i like the idea of 4 jets. mine has on jet before the block.
DynoTune Product, 614.4-Black Widow Spray bar Kit Plumming Kit - DynoTune, Nitrous systems, Purge kits, Nitrous Bottle heaters and more!
Ya that 4 jet setup looks good.

You have handlebar mounted button then? Do you just release the button before you shift?

I was planning on doing a master arm, the window switch, and then also wired to the horn button. That way I can arm it, then I can decide to start spraying in 2nd or 3rd gear with the horn button. It's all ready a handful in 1st on motor. The window switch is just a fail safe in case I forget to release the horn button before the rev limiter!

I'm starting off small, 20hp. Two nozzles, one in each ram air tube BEFORE the air filters. A nice soft hit. I'll probably start moving up after I get used to it, but I want to upgrade my fuel pump before I start going bigger (cheap insurance). I'm also worried about clutch and/or tranny trouble if I start spraying say a 40hp shot. If I ever did go bigger then a 40hp shot I would probably go spray bar, but I have no intentions to go that big as of right now.

How fast are you with the 30hp shot?

·
Registered
473 Posts
yes i have the pc map switch hear

i can hit this down for my nitrous map at any time up is my na map. my nitrous button is hear little red one i have a cycle tek shifter so i don't let of the button. i had 2 lines in the ram air tubes at first it was a soft hit with a 40 i would trap 155+ all night at the drags with the same bottle even with low pressure {600}.the bike was a pogo stick with the stock arm 16/44 sprockets on spray. i haven't tried the new system i have bike been in the garage for 2 years with the new job i dont have the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts