Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I've known Kawasaki for a long time. The Kawasaki cars have an extremely aggressive, robust design, with extremely fast engines. Currently in its line of cars, it is not known which car is the fastest car. Hope everyone can let me know.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fastest to me means top speed? Everything 2001 and after is limited to 186 mph.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Hard no.

The speedo is limited to 186 but the ZX12 and ZX14 for example still pull hard once the speedo stops. They are not limited and if they were you would either hear rev banging or bogging at the 186 mark. The speedo stops but everything else keeps going. Easy mods to deal with this on all bikes.

Also, the H2R is not street legal, and has no such speedo restrictions. Or any restrictions whatsoever for that matter.

·
Registered
18,690 Posts
Hard no.

The speedo is limited to 186 but the ZX12 and ZX14 for example still pull hard once the speedo stops. They are not limited and if they were you would either hear rev banging or bogging at the 186 mark. The speedo stops but everything else keeps going. Easy mods to deal with this on all bikes.

Also, the H2R is not street legal, and has no such speedo restrictions. Or any restrictions whatsoever for that matter.
I'm pretty sure that anything 2001 and newer is restricted to 186 mph and not just the speedometer. I know the speed limiter can be bypassed which is why I stated showroom in my original post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 2000 ZX-12R has no speed limiter and a 220 MPH speedo. It's the only year of the ZX-12R so equipped. Rob Muzzy got two crated untouched 2000 ZX-12R's, broke them in and threw his exhaust on one and ran back to back 199.115 MPH runs.

That was 21 years ago so good enough for me. And yep, I still own my cherry one owner 2000 ZX-12R. :) However mine has always sported an Akrapovic exhaust on it. Last I checked you can't buy them anymore. This is the second one mine has had in it's life.

2001 forward was restricted to 186 MPH (300 KPH in Euro-speak) because the Euro governments made a gentlemens agreement to castrate vehicles at the speed.

The big debate in 1999/2000 was whether the Busa or ZX-12R had a higher top speed. It's still a point of contention but admittedly the Busa had more aerodynamic bodywork if you can get past it's ugly ass face. The Busa was the chick you banged when you had beer googles on at a friends party when you were 19. The ZX-12R is the girl you wined, dined and married because she had class and beauty.

·
Registered
18,690 Posts
Your original titanium Akrapovic is still rocking and rolling on my 12.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts