Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a bit bored of the 3 spoke design on my 12R and would like to try something else.

So what fits as a straight swap, or little modification??

To add a little confusion to it I run a ZX7R swing arm and rear wheel!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Zx10 is do able with alittle work. Hibs has a thread here somewhere of the swap.
Zx14 is do able. Alittle heavy. Rear rotor is bigger and would need rear caliper and hanger.
In both cases you will need to shim the front calipers inboard. And if you hav radial brakes then it can not be done. If you do hav axial then you will benefit from a better assortment of front rotors.

cmg

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I would bet the new ninja 1000 wheels could be done. These manufacturers stick close to similar dimensions. I think there are at least two different wheel patterns that are different than the 10 & 14. ???

cmg

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mike i used the zzr 1400 rear wheel calliper and disc but make sure you get the zzr1400 spacers its a straight swap but the front is not due to disc offsets ect !
Get a set of carbon bst wheels off santa lol !

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Mike i used the zzr 1400 rear wheel calliper and disc but make sure you get the zzr1400 spacers its a straight swap but the front is not due to disc offsets ect !
Get a set of carbon bst wheels off santa lol !
? have you done it with a ZX7R swing arm??:puzzled:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May go for asset of BST wheels - Think Ill have to save my penny's a bit longer!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
How about zx7r, they are quite simple swap, just new spacers need to be done I guess.
Sometimes You can find pretty cool PVM or Dymag from zx7r

1 - 8 of 8 Posts