Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheel ,

can you put the beast on a rear paddock stand (on bobbins) and a universal front paddock stand(lifts from bottom of forks)and then remove both wheels will the bike wobble and topple over?

as i want to change my tyres and i need to run them down to the shop to do that

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I can sit on my bike and climb all over it while on a rear stand with bobbins. It's pretty stable!
However, I don't own a front stand and find it really easy to suspend the front of the bike from the bars. I have used an engine hoist and garage ceiling joists to support the front. Did my son's front wheel recently with the bike suspended from a step ladder as I have seen on here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunetly for me i dont own a garage so its all done in my back garden,paddock stands is my only option,wondered if anyone has done it yet

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I use a trolley jack and bolt under the front end...there is a sump bolt sticking down (Hex head) which is accessible through the fairing....using a cap head long bolt you can fit it over the head of the bolt and then using a nut at the other go through the hole in your trolley jack....works great and you can jack the front wheel up....rear needs to be secure of course....must apply for the patent on this method.

·
Registered
239 Posts
While on the rear paddock stand, I lift the front under the downpipes with a trolley jack through the gap in the fairing (similar to Mauser), works fine, perfectly stable.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had mine on rear stand with spools and front stand with a pin going into triple tree, for months. It is stable enough to remove / install engine into the bike. I did not tackle the setup with my body weight though, I am sure it is possible to tip it over if you are clumsy or trip over and fall on it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rear stands are always solid but the fronts not so much...if you turn the forks too much it will fall over...
agree with that... you have to careful with the front [& never set the front up before getting the rear airborne... because it will fall over].

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Just remember to loosen all the bolts a little bit first, and remove the front fender it only 4 bolts this will give you lots of room to lift the wheel out and you can check the forks behind the fender for corrosion while its off, and you need to slide the callipers off too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah so you all know its defintely a job for a abba stand front and rear paddock stands dont work as the forks rotate .

·
Registered
33 Posts
I invested in the Abba stand with the front steady bar and strap.........superb bit of kit !

Had dodgy moments in the past with bits of rope and trolley jacks etc and the 12 is just that bit too lumpy to land on the floor....

·
Registered
250 Posts
wheel ,

can you put the beast on a rear paddock stand (on bobbins) and a universal front paddock stand(lifts from bottom of forks)and then remove both wheels will the bike wobble and topple over?

as i want to change my tyres and i need to run them down to the shop to do that
This will work. I have done this on the ZX-12R and several other bikes. Never had a problem with the bike not being stable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts