Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a set of wheels. I want them only for looks. They have to be chrome or able to be chrome plated. I have asked this before but nobody answered. Which is better, RC Components or PMI. Also, I was wandering if you could fit a wider rim on the back. I believe it has a 6" but could a 6.25" or a 6.50" fit. Let me know what you think. And remember this is for looks only. I know that a wider rim will effect cornering but who cares it looks cool.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I'd bet dollars to donuts that King can answer that question.

Ping him up on the Drag forum?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Jus, I put the RC Sebrings on my '00 12. When I ordered them, they asked what type of bike they would be used on. My back rim is "6.25, which didn't bother me because I only ride Michelin Pilot 200's. I ordered them in chrome, which cost an extra $500.00, but after having polished wheels before, I didn't want them again. If you want your sprocket chromed, you have to send that somewhere yourself. They won't chrome sprockets because it will chip where the chain rides. After 7,000 miles, I haven't had any problems with them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll go with the Chrome Taladega's. Hey Ransome how much did you pay for those rims, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
506 Posts
RC wheels

Jus1975,

check the other boards an ping "TurboBlew" he is a RC dealer and has some pretty good prices.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Jus, I paid $1900.00 for the rims. I ordered them through Schnitz racing. They would have been $1400.00 if I had not ordered them chrome. But after I ordered them, I found out that a friend of mine is an RC dealer and he would have given them to me for $200.00 cheaper, so definitely shop around.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you guys think about PMI wheels?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Ransome, what kind of swingarm is that

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
jus1975 said:
What do you guys think about PMI wheels?

Performance Machine? I got tired of looking at Chicanes on just about every bike. I have a set of RC Components 3 Spoke Tritons on my bike. I think they are of better build quality than the PM's.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If all you want is chrome and don't care about weight, just get the stock wheels chromed. It cost about $600 and you know there won't be any compatability issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts