Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Site Admin
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone's motorcycle is their baby, so who else do you let ride your motorcycle besides yourself?

When I first got my 12R, I use to tell my friends they couldnt handle all the power. But over time, I started letting certain riding buddies ride it.

So how about you - who do you let ride your motorcycle?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
just my close firends that i ride with. people i have already seen handle a bike and i know they aren't gonna do anything dumb. most the time its you-take-mine-i-take-yours until the next gas/rest stop.

when it comes to sellling one, i'll let anyone in the world take a test drive, as long as they put down a deposit equal to my asking price :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
4,315 Posts
In 5yrs, I haven't let anybody ride it.
That's kind of like guys sharing underwear isn't it?

jk, I would let a number of guys here ride it if there were a reason.

·
Registered
767 Posts
A buddy of mine let me ride his Hayabusa about five years ago. That was long before I had a Motorcycle of this caliber. I wrung it out, rode it for about an hour or so. I saw 185 on the speedo. Yea, yea, yea, a very dumb thing to do in hindsight. Well after I got my ZX-12R, now I realize the responsiblilty owners of these type of bike have. Not all riders can handle the power these things afford. I was a good rider at the time, but I had never ridden something that fast. A little while back I apologized to him for doing that, saying I realize now I would be pissed if someone did that on my bike. Like Almost_Les said, I only let people ride it who have similar bikes and I ride with them often and know with absolute certainty that they have the ability and brains to handle it.

It doesn't take too many brains to be responsible, but what is the main reason someone wants to test ride a bike? To see what it will do. Not putt around the block. So there is a very small number of people I will let ride my bike, unless there is a very, very, very good reason.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My 09? Nobody.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i use to let friends ride my bikes till last summer now no one rides my ride but me had my eyes opend the hard way lol!! :angry:

BEFORE

AFTER I LET MY FRIEND RIDE MY ZRX12 :headscratch:

HAD THE PLATES ON IT ONLY 30MIN BEFORE THIS HAPPEND GOT TO RIDE IT ON THE HIGHWAY ONCE FOR A SHORT DISTANCE LOL :banghead:
so now i dont let anyone ride my 12r not even my brother!!! :rotflmao:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Three people. My father, who has owned 20 motorcycles and has ridden for over 30 years (had the Honda CBX when it was the baddest bike on the planet), and even he always takes it easy. My brother, who has owned sportbikes in the past (R1 most recently) and my friend Eric, possibly. He's a riding buddy who has owned a ZX-10, RC51, R1....Other than that, no one! Not Harley riders (no disrespect, I have a few neighbor friends with them), not 600 riders, no one besides those mentioned above. The 12, 14, and Busa are just in another league when it comes to power and speed. And this isn't to start a pissing match with liter bike guys, those are nearly as fast...Which is why I would consider my friend and have let my bro ride my 12....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Only my dad and he rides 1600 Vulcan- but loves my 12r. Ear to ear grin after he rides it and just can't believe how much power it has and how fun it is to ride.

·
Registered
884 Posts
i have let a few ride my bike. i never let any one ride it at all if they ask. when someone asks they want to see what it got not saver the easy power the bike has and the fact it feels like a black panther ready for you to let it run. while we are rideing i may offer it if i know you well. those moments are worth it when they get off from a ride i am with. i remind them it sucks up distance like most will not get to expearence. the look on their face is disbeliefe then respect.sort of makes all the tweeking worth a little extra.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I let Gunner ride my Gixxer. He said he didn't like the way it was set up. He just hates Suzuki's . It wasn't the bike. lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot I let Canadamaxxer ride my ZX-10. Nobody ever rode that thing again. Stupid Astrovan.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have one friend that I would trust to ride my bike but that will never happen because "no one" has ever ridden his. I have an 01 and it is the on/off throttle that makes me scared to let anyone ride it. Still makes me nervous riding around town in the wet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I let anyone and everyone ride my bikes.. they are just bikes.. replaceable I just want to know if they have full coverage ins.. and a bike lic.. other then that.. whatever.. and yes i did have a friend wreck one of my bikes.. and I got new one out of the deal.. gap ins is a must. hell it was even a upgrade.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've let a couple friends ride my bike. If it's someone who has never riddden fast bikes I'll usually insist they put it in second gear and wring it out throttle wide open atleast once.

·
Registered
388 Posts
only if im buying it, i let my brother ride my bike, soon after i would go the places that he use to ride to and the kids would recognize the bike and tell me to do the things that he did the last time he was there. mind you, he does not ride my bikes anymore. my friends dont even think about asking.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
my dad has drove mine around the pits at the track. thats it so far. i would let him go for a drive if he asked tho. ive driven his 12 so...

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've had my 12R for almost a year and a half. Nobody else has ridden it. I might let one friend ride it if he wanted, He has been racing semi profesionally for the last three years, and riding in general for 20.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Rider must meet specific criteria:

1. Must have motorcycle endorsement
2. Must have a bike of equal or greater performance (value is irrelevant)
3. Must have experience at 200+mph

Only 2 people have ridden my bike besides me.... Sal of Ace Performance and Allen aka ALCINDUS (R.I.P.)

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
What became of that Zrex, Xeno?
I'll only let my father ride my bikes. He hasn't ridden any of them since my old 7r, which scared him to death. He always thought his 82 Seca 650 was "fast". He was shocked by the power, brakes, and planted feeling. Every bike since has been bigger and faster and he has not asked to ride any of them, his stubby Italian legs and rather large stomach being the main factors of dissuasion!
I won't let anyone else ride simply because I hate the "It's great except for _________" comments that inevitably ensue.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts