Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and try to post something? :D It would be great to make this ZX9R side as big and active as the 12 side. Then we could all agree to get some other Nines involved and we'd have a great resource (and place to hang heheh).
I'll try to post/reply something every day...c'mon---you guys too. think how cool it would be to have a space dedicated to the ZX9R that was happenin'! I don't know why there aren't more of us here...aren't there a lot more Nines than 12's anyway? Let's do it! Who'll agree to come here every day and post of reply to something???????? :roll:
ZX12eR

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mucho gracias!

Great! Que pasa, Marcos? BTW, what are some other sites where Niners hang out? Maybe we could let them know about our place here. Let's get the ball rolling. At one time the ZX12R side of this board had very little traffic---now look at it! Buenas dios, senor :D
ZX12eR
PS: when I was very young, we lived in the Dominican Republic for a year while my father worked there. In Ciudad (sp.?) Trullio 8)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I live in Santo Domingo city.

If you whant to see a site that is related to Dominican Republic go to.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/dominican_republic.htm

Most of the ZX9 guys are split betwen sportsbike.net and Cwforums.

The problems with most of the forums is that 99% of the people dont know what they are talking about, the other 1% thinks that they will not reveal their secrets (most of the time telling you a half story), stupid conclusion WY!

This guy Pat Mc Givern, gives a power news telling everyone his tips and still he told me that if he takes all the work that people ofer him he will still have work for 5 years with no stop. He does work now for very top riders.

1-People still like that the people that have been open to them do the work for them.
2- Im a greasy hand and good cerebro hobby saturday "mecanic" and I know (Im a good industrial engeneer) that the real mecanic is in the detail, the love that you put in your work.
The other day a mecanic told me Wy i spend 10 hours laping my valves (with a ligth until no ligth comes thru the valves, he only spend 2. We did the same job you make the conclusion) He had a degred cams, overbore piston, milled head ZX9 and mine with only smaller intake ports and aceptable tunning of the carbs I was faster.
The point is that a forum without people with real solutions and knowelge is shalow.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm in. There seems to be a distinct lack of zx-9r info/sites.

Tips and mods like on the 12 site would make me very happy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree, I have been looking for a good forum for my 9R for 3 years. I go to gixxer.com all the time and it is a awesome site. I hope this forum grows like the gsxr1000 forum has!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great!!!

That's great! Let's make it a goal to one day equal the ZX12R side of the board---there's definitely enough Niner's around to do that. Once we get some steady use (i.e., posts don't just sit with no replies for a day or two), let's each see if we can bring a friend in (when we have something to show heheh). Thanks for your response; I look forward to learning a lot from you all---sounds like Marcos is a lot better than the guys who put my bike together at the dealer!
Awright!!! :D
Zx12eR 8)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great website!

Marcos,
That's a great website of your's! Especially the green mountains and the green umbrella girls :wink: Also the pics of Old Town were good too.
I didn't know you know MotoMan---I read his website about break-in when I'd just put a 120 miles on the bike :x . What do you think about his ideas...I didn't break it in as easy as Kawasaki says at least...
Thanks!
ZX12eR 8)

·
Registered
989 Posts
The real thing about Motoman is that, he tells you the reason wy he tells you the things, so you make the conclusion yourself.

I did the brake in like he says to my mother CIVIC. And its a very fast car and does not conusme oil.
Anyway every engine is rev to the red and dyno before geting out from the factory.

I have come with some ideas, parting from his ideas.
Ex.
If you make the math. If you put a 998cc piston kit (my dream) in to a ZX9 engine you make the intake ports hi-velocity, since I dont have money I just did it reverse, I made the ports smaller. At first the bike wasnt faster in hi-revs then I made it rigth and Its faster.

The i kept thinking If I whant more velocity I would be interesting to make one port smaller and the other valve even smaller or if you have a 998 kit just go small on one of the 2.
Retard the intake so the engine benefits from the more intake charge force. (whonder wy Ivan has his intake 107 now, he retarded 2 degrees).
Why dont put a big valve then a stockl valve on the same piston.

I havent tried it and since I dont have a dyno. Im just thinking I a loud voice

sorry.

·
Registered
117 Posts
mototuneusa

I agree, www.mototuneusa.com rocks! I attempted to brake in my 9 as per his instructions. Its a little early to tell just yet, (only 800 miles) but I think it has done a great job. I took it easy to break in my old R1, and the plugs were always fouled from leaking oil. I don't dyno so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree, I have alot to learn about our 9R's 8) I guess sportbikes.net had a good amount of 9R's, but it is cool to have a place all our own. I'll post a few questions that I have about the 9R. 8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll make an effort to post here more often, things seemed to have picked up here. I've got a friend with an '02 9R, I'll try to get him on this site.

·
Registered
217 Posts
myninjazx9r said:
.... I go to gixxer.com all the time and it is a awesome site.....
Ya, perhaps but we got something the Gixxer Gang can NEVER have........

Quality...... :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
C'mon guys...

just a post a day and we'll make this into a cool Nine meeting ground!
ZX12eR

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think were growing ZX12er!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
myninjazx9r said:
I think were growing ZX12er!
Yah, this is hard work getting this Nine World going, eh? :p Maybe it's time for a beer :D !
ZX12eR

·
Registered
179 Posts
BCRider said:
myninjazx9r said:
.... I go to gixxer.com all the time and it is a awesome site.....
Ya, perhaps but we got something the Gixxer Gang can NEVER have........

Quality...... :D
Cheers to that!

·
Registered
36 Posts
What happens when the ZX-10R comes out? Will everyone just slowly drift apart, or will you combine the room into a ZX-9r/ZX-10r? Doesn't anybody frequent that room. It is like a ghost town there. Like some old folklore. So whos got the beer???

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, since half us will have 998 kits by that time, we'll join forces, we'll see about the ZX10'ers with the Muzzy Big Block Kits...who know's? If they're cool :D anything can happen :wink:
ZX12eR

1 - 20 of 20 Posts