Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.during my renovation of my B2 zx12,I have decided to remove the alarm system completely,I know I could have bridged a few links in it to make it dumb,but preferred total removal.
Actually I did have second thoughts when I commenced,because it was well fitted,and it seemed,a shame to start disturbing the neat job the installer has done so thumbs up whoever fitted it.
It worked fine but I can't be done with all the chirps and beeps,and this and that setting ,so removal it is.
Anyway to my query,and with no disrespect to anyone,l would like to appeal to those of you familiar with reading wiring diagrams,and a knowledge of a dc system.
Having studied the wiring diagram on page 150 of the workshop manual( dfi system zx12B1/B2) i note from the junction box item23(ignition fuse) the diagram shows a link wire going directly to the LG (light green wire).This to me seem incorrect,as this is an earth circuit(clutch interlock switch) to neutral switch,so this would immediately blow item23 soon as neutral is selected.
I did notice on the full diagram at the end of the manual,this link wire is omitted,so makes me think it's an error.can anyone concur.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have a couple of manuals, and the manual for the B's that I have covers B1 to 3, but nothing changes after B3 so I'm ok with my B4.
The thing is locations in the manual changes so if your manual only covers the B1/2 then the locations in my manual will be different, as in my manual page 150 in the Fuel System is "Evaporative Emission Control System".
So give me the title of the page, or better still a picture so I can find it in mine to see if I can help out.
I have noticed that there are some errors in the service manual. Most you can work out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks ninjayorkie.Right the manual i have says on page149 fuel tank cleaning.Then on page 150 of 613,says fuel system and a prefix of 3-32.This is the page with the aforementioned diagram.I'm sorry I don't know how to get a photo up on here.The wire in question links direct to the ignition fuse in the junction box labelled item 24.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I concur, that's another error, though it's easy to spot, not like some of the others.
I will red x it in my diagram. Thanks.
You don't get page numbers in the Kawasaki service manuals, only sections, and pages, I assume yours is a PDF file.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks ninjayorkie.Right the manual i have says on page149 fuel tank cleaning.Then on page 150 of 613,says fuel system and a prefix of 3-32.This is the page with the aforementioned diagram.I'm sorry I don't know how to get a photo up on here.The wire in question links direct to the ignition fuse in the junction box labelled item 24.
Sorry direct to ignition fuse circuit just outside junction box
I concur, that's another error, though it's easy to spot, not like some of the others.
I will red x it in my diagram. Thanks.
You don't get page numbers in the Kawasaki service manuals, only sections, and pages, I

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your response and feedback ninjayorkie.My manual is indeed a pdf version.So they are prone to errors after all.It's a pity Haynes don't do a manual,their colour coded diagrams make things much easier to reference..
I will be aware during future diagnosis,that all is not gospel with the Kawasaki manuals.Thanks once again.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The Haynes has errors too, well for the zx-9r anyway, nothing too serious that you can't work it out.
Like you say I to like the Haynes colored wiring diagrams, though that is one of the places I did find one error, zx-9r E UK spec righthand switching unit, and I just noticed the zx-9r C US-spec ignition switch can't be right either, but without one in my hand to check, I can't be sure.

While I was in the RAF Avionics I came across a few errors in their service manuals too, so It does not matter which manual you get there's always a chance of something being wrong. If in doubt, work it out.

I've done a few how-to write up for the zx-9r's, and I've made a few errors but normally it's just spelling, as you can't go too far wrong with pictures.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Haynes has errors too, well for the zx-9r anyway, nothing too serious that you can't work it out.
Like you say I to like the Haynes colored wiring diagrams, though that is one of the places I did find one error, zx-9r E UK spec righthand switching unit, and I just noticed the zx-9r C US-spec ignition switch can't be right either, but without one in my hand to check, I can't be sure.

While I was in the RAF Avionics I came across a few errors in their service manuals too, so It does not matter which manual you get there's always a chance of something being wrong. If in doubt, work it out.

I've done a few how-to write up for the zx-9r's, and I've made a few errors but normally it's just spelling, as you can't go too far wrong with pictures.
[/QUOT

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a zx9 r manual in my possession at the moment,as I have been doing a bit work for a friend,so will look into that.That's my nights entertainment,beats watching the dross on tv .
Seriously tho,I have spent a lot of time looking at all the contributions put out on these forums and the effort people go to,and I can't get enough.I hope one day to be bold enough to put forward some ideas i have regarding the hurdles i come across with the zx12.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't know which zx9 forum you use but the one I've done most of my How-to on is zx-9r.net

The good thing about the zx9 and zx12 a lot of the electrical components are the same, or very similar.

On the zx-9r.net site, I also have a thread showing what things I've done to my zx12, not everything but a few things, worth a look at at least.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know which zx9 forum you use but the one I've done most of my How-to on is zx-9r.net

The good thing about the zx9 and zx12 a lot of the electrical components are the same, or very similar.

On the zx-9r.net site, I also have a thread showing what things I've done to my zx12, not everything but a few things, worth a look at at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts