Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bikes been sat outside for months , finally got a shed built in the garden so it lives there now in the dry .. had it running with a new battery although it was a bit rough..

Decided to service it , started it up to warm the oil .. drained it , new filter and put new in all fine . Cleaned the K&N air filter and re oiled it , now for the plugs the old ones was rusted and rotten. The 3rd plug was hard to get out felt like it was going to snap it was that corroded , I squirted some wd40 in there only a little bit and let it penetrate it , that worked . Put the 4 new plugs in and it started up. Ran a bit better than it did , I then left it idleing and it died ( it does this when cold if you don’t keep the revs on abit ) now it won’t start back up at all .

I noticed a hose was knocked off under the air box , so I’ve jubilee clipped them on .. am I missing something I’m baffled .. battery is fully charged aswell it’s just not firing ?

Any help will be much appreciated on this it’s doing my head in

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Those look like aftermarket plug wires, are they? That's never a good thing in my experience. I also see a braided line that resides VERY close to one of the plug wires, that can cause issues too. It also sounds like you have bad gas.

If it sat that long, drain it, clean the tank and put fresh fuel in it. Those plugs look very easy to get to, I would pull them and make sure you haven't fouled them from continued failed starts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts