Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!! here's my sad spring story: i delivered my bike 3weeks ago to a company which wants to finish my 40shot setup (minor workings, minor labor and then dyno). last friday i surprisingly showed there up to see how far the work is...and nothing happend so far!! the guy told me it would take at least another 4weeks until he's able to begin working on my 12. and thats way too much time...i mean half of the season would be over :thumbdown:

tomorrow i am going to pick up my bike there, do the last things on my own and run that thing later on a hired dyno.

for that reason: would someone share his 40shot-map for a safe first dyno run? i would adjust this map in later runs...i just need a safe 100% column!!

my setup:
pressure regulator @850-900PSI
mircron full exhaust
BMC filters
window switch 95% TPS / 8000-11000rpm

thank you in advance!! ;-)
daniel

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Id say adding 10-15 % to the value in the 95% tps and above column would get you started.
But thats just what I remember from 6 years ago....read my signature line...
I hope you plan to data log in the near future, because the ram air effect will not be accounted for on a dyno. Its seems I remember pulling a degree of timming at the target rpm ( ie..-1)
but that might have been for a bigger shot....
What are you planning to use as your target AFR ?
If I was going to bet Id say Ali and/or Scott has something to add/correct to my suggestions...
It will be good to be refreshed on this info...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Without knowing the N/A AFR, it's difficult to say what amount of fuel needs to be added in order to ensure a 100% safe set-up. Ideally, you want to be no higher than 12.5:1 on nitrous to make the most power, but I've seen stock engines handle a 40 shot with a 13:1 AFR in a one mile distance over and over again. This is due to the relatively conservative ignition mapping the ZX-12R was given from the factory. You can run a 40 shot without taking any timing out and it's 100% safe, I did it for years on an almost weekly basis with mine... and I run the MILE spraying as soon as I hit 2nd gear till redline (not rev limiter) in 6th. It wasn't the smartest thing, but back then....I didn't know a tenth of what I know now about engines and tuning.

I'd find a local dyno, ask for a BASELINE PULL ONLY. This usually involves (3) 4th gear pulls. MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY THAT YOU WANT AN HP/TQ OVER RPM WITH AFR ON THE GRAPH.

Post up the graph so we can see the AFR and from there we'll be able to know EXACTLY how much fuel you need to add in the 100% column. By fixing the N/A AFR, you can easily tune for nitrous by adding the appropriate amount of fuel according to your nitrous jetting.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike!
It's been a while, and while you've been honing your skills,
I've been dulling and rusting...
So let's say I'm 12.8 average AFR, no timming alteration, 93 octane
What's the % added fuel in the 95% TPS and above?
Perhaps you could create a theoretical setup that would be easier to understand
than my poorly worded string of variables.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is that right, that the power commander interpolates all values?

that means: if i am at 95% TPS the power commander interpolates between the 80% and 100% column, right?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts