Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall I am in dire need of nose, snorkle and side plastics. I just moved from colorado to maryland and when I was loading my bike into the back of the UHaul for the move out here my bike slipped off the loading ramp and landed on the nose FUBARing all of those plastics.

A) So i was wondering if anyone could point me towards a site to get good quality plastics at a reasonable price.

B) oh yeah I will need 2 new sets of mirrors too and was wondering what years will fit on the 12.

C) I think I might also need the bracket that the mirrors actually mount onto also :-X

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Wish I could help, but I don't have any of those parts used laying around. I work at a motorcycle shop (RnR Cycles in Sterling, VA) if you need anything just holler. There are a few of us in the DC/MD/VA area including Vincent Hill and Warp12. If you plan on racing and are thinking about bodywork it may be a good time to consider aftermarket bodywork, although stock stuff always fits right and is high quality.

A.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Welcome, celborn!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Sorry to read about your bad luck...

Side Plastics:
I've got a right side that you can have for shipping cost... (It's been cut short on the bottom to fit a Brock's <or similar> exhaust...)

Or...
Ron Ayers Motorsports - Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski and Generators Parts and Accessories (I don't know what color your 2000 is...)

Ron Ayers is the best bet for OEM plastics @ any kind of a price break... Depending on your relationship w/your dealer, you might get them to match the pricing (including taxes), & that way you save the shipping costs... It has happened...

Mirrors
FWIW, I'm using aftermarket ZX-9R mirrors from Competition Accessories: Automotive, Motorcycles, Atv, Outdoor, Sports, Recreation, Events, Rally, Bike Week ... It does require a tiny bit of fitment, but I actually prefer the look, and you might consider it... $50.00 for the pair, as I recall...

Fairing Stay
("the bracket that the mirrors actually mount onto") Before deciding this piece is D.O.A., you might consider trying to save (straighten) it... It's frikkin' expensive!! With all the plastics removed, a length of pipe can be slipped over each end and the bracket gently coaxed back to original geometry... A shot of gloss black will make it look presentable just in case it's really goofed...

Hope this helps a bit... lemme know on the Right Lower!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shiphteey; do yall do engine rebuilds because I am wanting to get the Muzzy 1375 stroker kit on my bike (among other things) and dont know jack for mechanics that will touch a 'rice rocket'. Also where would be a good place to get some aftermarket plastics (that preferable doesnt come off ebay via hong kong)

GO; how much would shipping be from you to Lusby, MD and what year did ya get the 9r mirrors off of?

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
shiphteey; do yall do engine rebuilds because I am wanting to get the Muzzy 1375 stroker kit on my bike (among other things) and dont know jack for mechanics that will touch a 'rice rocket'.

----We have built and tuned a 1427cc STREET RIDDEN DAILY DRIVER ZX-12 that went 203 mph at the Maxton Mile. My Nitrous 12 has done the same. The shop is closed until new years but if you're interested in a quote I can put you in touch with Rick who runs the shop and does the dyno tuning as well as motor overhauls.

Also where would be a good place to get some aftermarket plastics (that preferable doesnt come off ebay via hong kong)

----Others have stated Ron Ayers, I would agree. Airtech isn't top notch but I do run their upper that bolts to stock sides. Catalyst Composites is pretty good stuff, Phantom here on the board has experience with them and can give you some pointers. Many on here run their step seats.

A.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
GO; how much would shipping be from you to Lusby, MD and what year did ya get the 9r mirrors off of?
I'll get an estimated shipping cost from UPS inna few days... BTW - The lower is 2000 Green...

The year model ZX-9R (I think) was a '97... The website I linked looks like they don't have 'em anymore... Mebby Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com ??

Here they are: http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts-list?d=1170244+1185730+1426247+1426284

Again, I like them... Mebby you don't... You can also always use the Buy/Sell Forum to look for some 12R mirrors, too...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll get an estimated shipping cost from UPS inna few days... BTW - The lower is 2000 Green...

The year model ZX-9R (I think) was a '97... The website I linked looks like they don't have 'em anymore... Mebby Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com ??

Here they are: Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com

Again, I like them... Mebby you don't... You can also always use the Buy/Sell Forum to look for some 12R mirrors, too...
Go 200; I must say that I do like the look of the 9r mirrors ive always thought the stock ones are kinda funky looking. but the colour dosent bother me much cause I am planning on repainting it anyways.

Shippity; I wouldnt be doing it right away due to not having a money tree in my back yard but I do want to get it done before Aug but I wouldnt mind being in contact with Rick to get a estimate so I can plan on how long I have to eat Ramen Noodles to get er done :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts