Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a picture of the yosh slip-on? Zyclone or race? How's the noise compared to stock?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yosh

I sent PM to both. I'll let you know if I get a picture.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought some footpegs from Kiernan in the past. I would definitely buy from them again. Nice people. Real bike people. $260 @ MAW. I wouldn't buy from them, though.

I like the Yosh slip-on b/c it fits the stock flange much like the stock pipe. Other slip-ons look like afterthoughts.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
muzbgreen, thanks, just called pipe-city, they had them in stock. Somehow the price was even lower than on their website, ended up paying $260.00 to my door for the SS bolt on.

Nublu02... if you aren't in a rush, I should have mine next week. I could take a pic. and send it your way if need be, let me know.

Scott W.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yosh

BigSaint:
I'd like to see some pics. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gotta love it when we can help each other save money!

A loud exhaust is alotta fun!

Just put my Muzzy Ti on this week makes me feel like I'm fast :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yosh

Recently installed the Yosh RS-3 Stainless Steel bolt on. Paid $239 from my dealer. (Scott Powersports, Coopersburg, PA 610-282-4800, ask for Matt). I agree with the comments that most bolt ons look a bit ugly due to the Kawi flange used, but the pros to the slips on are as follows:

1. Easy to remove if needed. Warranty problems with motor...put the stock back on.
2. You loose no low end and gain about 5 hp on top. Most full systems loose a bit on the low end, have stumble problems, jetting concerns and gain 10-15 hp on top (above 8,000 rpms). I dont care who you are, and unless you are riding daily on a track, I dont see anyone exiting street turns on the ZX12s above 8,000 rpms all too frequently. If you tell me you are, I'm calling you a liar right here. I'll give up a couple top end horsepower and take the even low end, pratical street midrange grunt anytime.
3. A bit more crispness in the throttle response over stock.

The Yosh Zyclone is a bit quiet, and IMO, the Yosh Race is a bit too loud. It is not a quiet can. I would consider it just as loud as fully Muzzy, if not louder (my experience). I have heard, not experienced, that the Race is quieter than a D&D.

The Yosh fit is good, except the can does come within about 1/4 -3/8-inch of touching the underside of the stock turn signal.

Would I do it again....not sure. I like stealthy riding, but was looking for a bit crisper throttle response, which I did recieve. It does sound good when hard on the gas, but maybe a bit too loud for my aging years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts