Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. I've searched through for similar problems where the bike won't start - but they are all cranking. mine won't even do that. 2005 z750 - i've only owned it a few weeks so quite p***ed off about it - I've only done about 100 miles 0f the 13500 on the clock. it always started and ran fine- in fact i used it this morning and it ran great. then i parked it up on the drive while i did some work but when i went to put it in the garage it wouldn't run - the clocks do their starting up dance and neutral and oil light are on but it won't turn over - battery reads 12.81 with key out and 11.15 with key in - lights etc work but no cranking - any advice please?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Agreed on trying a new battery but try the obvious things 1st like clutch or side stand kill switches, these are the first points of call if its not turning over along with fuses and the normal 'bollocks I forgot' checks like the kill switch isn't flipped on (check the connections to that as well)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Also what work did you do? Always worth a check over what you did and whats it near etc chain lube on side stand switch, battery cables loose after moving them about

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Battery is junk. You should not drop below 12vDC with just the key on. Shouldn't drop more than .5vDC turning the key on. Newer bikes don't crank if there ain't enough voltage to close the solonoid. Some anyways. If you still have issue with a new battery, leave the bike on gear and roll it and bump the motor ahead a bit then try it. If that don't work, well...work your way up from free to cost.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for all the advice- It seems that i was low on water. is there a sensor to prevent turning over/over heating? Most of my previous bikes have been air cooled and my old zxr didn't have a cut out in filler/rad. unfortunately I didn't get an owners manual when I bought the bike so I'm still finding my way around it .
Best Regards and many many thanks for all your replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts