Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know trying to get the throttle cables off the carburetor Bracket is a pain. There MUST be a trick to it. What Is IT? I tried bending the bracket but you should not have too. I tried to add as much slack to the cables as the adjusters would allow, still had more trouble than one should have and almost kinked one of the cables. Finally I just took the bracket off which is a pain as well. You should be able to get these cables off without removing the bracket I would think but maybe not. This is my first "11" but not my first carb removal, I did get them off but it should of been a 2 min. job. Thanks for any tips you have on this topic.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
um you did take apart the throttle grip first ?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I tried to add as much slack to the cables as the adjusters would allow, still had more trouble than one should have and almost kinked one of the cables
I think 12 may have caught that move you made? Not to be a wise guy, (don't believe it), but when you install new throttle cables for example, you don't start at the throttle assembly and then attach the other cable ends to the carbs. That's the reason the throttle assembly is spit in half, so you end at the grip.

The trick is, remove the cable ends from the grip. Then, take a metal scribe with an "L" at the one end. You push the cable on the outside of the bell crank unit it meets the spit in the bell crank. That L guides it right out if you've done it enough times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never touched the throttle cables at the throttle because in the past with other bikes I never had this problem. I never thought to take apart the throttle but that sure would of saved alot of time. Thanks for the Tip, I'll try it when I put a new cable on which I already have. And next time I push the carbs back into the manifolds I'll make sure to sit on the frame instead of standing on the left side and pushing the bike over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts