Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having problems with the 12s top end, specifically on Nitrous. Have heard rumors of a possible problem with the 12 top end over 100 HP shot. Have been working on a motor with a friend, and have had possible spring problems (valve locks / collets are coming out or shims are jumping). Only happened to one exhaust valve on one cylinder. Problem happened on a bored motor, with cams and stiffer springs installed. Nitrous is only 48HP, according to Schnitz's / Holley's motorcycle fogger size charts. Motor was not overrevved. :?:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have heard of one bike loosing a retainer and dropping a valve but other than that as far as I know nothing.
100 shot dry is too much it is beyond the adjustment range of the injectors, at 85 shot dry with power commander adjusted to 12.2:1 fuel the injectors are at 82% duty cycle 75% is supposed to be max safe operation, this was a one time test we tried on my bike it is set back to 70 hp dry.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is with an 01 without a muzzy fuel pump right. The 02 bikes have a higher volume fuel pump but I dont know about the injectors. What was the total jet size at 75%?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts