Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I'm busy rebuilding my ZX, and have just installed the motor. Before I took it out, everything was 100%, but now if doesn't start. No FI error. The fuel pump is priming and there's spark. When I open the air cleaner cover and spray a bit of petrol in there it almost starts, so I think it may be an injector issue but have no idea where to start. When I ground the FI light, it just blinks forever. No code or anything.

I've re-checked the wiring and all the sensors, but still no luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Isn't there a wiring plug/connector which can be installed wrong on the 12's loom, remember some time back some other guy had a problem and he had something plugged in wrong !!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Isn't there a wiring plug/connector which can be installed wrong on the 12's loom, remember some time back some other guy had a problem and he had something plugged in wrong !!!
I think you are talking about the tps sensor and the map sensor at the frame. They both have the same plug just different colors it's very easy to switch them up.The tps sensor should be the black plug and the map sensor is grey. If this is your problem then switch them back and buy a new map sensor cuz that one is fried. Hope this helps good luck with your build.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
If this is your problem then switch them back and buy a new map sensor cuz that one is fried.
Fired means an out of range/no signal sent = Sets code. See a code set to a fried part? I'll guess the part is not cooked I see no code sent.

Maybe you answered your own question. Did you dry out the injectors? Are you using the same old gas in the tank? Bike sit for over 9 months?

1. Fuel < I have no gas unless I manually pour some in she tries to start.
2. Spark > I have spark it tries to start.
3. Compression > I have compression it tries to start.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,

I've made a rookie mistake. I've swopped around the fuel hoses. *blush*

Just for guys with the same issues in future. When standing behind the bike, the hose from the right hand side behind your throttle cables is the fuel supply hose. The one on the Left is the fuel return hose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts