Kawasaki World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm planning on building an open-wheel race car based on the Lotus type 49 F1 car from the '60s with a ZX-12R engine in it but I haven't gotten to the point of purchasing the engine itself as I am still in the design stage and the engine costs quite a bit here in South Africa.

Will someone be able to assist me with precise metric measurements of the engine and motor mount locations?

Edit: Would the engine be able to handle being turbocharged?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Can you buy a used case, block and head that are damaged for running use but good to mock up for the metrics you need?

The zx12r is not good to turbocharge in stock configuration. Will need turbo pistons and billet clutch basket for starters. Rods and tranny work for higher horsepower.

cmg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you buy a used case, block and head that are damaged for running use but good to mock up for the metrics you need?

The zx12r is not good to turbocharge in stock configuration. Will need turbo pistons and billet clutch basket for starters. Rods and tranny work for higher horsepower.

cmg
thanks, this is going to be a lengthy process for me because I am still in uni but I do plan on eventually rebuilding the engine, turboing it, and making a chain drive LSD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bladeyboy,
If you have access to 3D CAD resources I have an STL Model of the Upper and Lower Crankcase halves which I could share with you. An email address would enable sharing.
BC
Hi Bloodclotter.

I'm currently working on the tube-frame in Solidworks so having that STL would save me so much time.
I'm pretty sure you can attach the file within the Form or you can email it to me directly...[email protected]
thank you so much man

bb54

1 - 5 of 5 Posts